Alarm going off in rain ?

Amchlolor

Reaction score
Yup,that's the latest malady to strike my motor...
Woke up at 0430,during some admittedly shocking rain,to hear a feeble alarm going off.

Sure enough,although I can't see my car from any of the bedroom windows,I could see the light it's hazards were making reflecting off the trees behind it.

Anyone else had their alarm triggered by the weather ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

I know it seems a dumb question, but are you sure it was the rain that set the alarm off? Could it have been a nocturnal animal, you know a fox or suchlike?

No,

I've had it break down in the rain due to water ingress, but not the alarm go off.

But mine was inside at the dealers AGAIN last night (12 days so far in a year), so it missed the torrential downpour we also had in Manchester.

[ QUOTE ]
I know it seems a dumb question, but are you sure it was the rain that set the alarm off? Could it have been a nocturnal animal, you know a fox or suchlike?

[/ QUOTE ]

It did coincide with a quite spectacular downpour,the likes of which we don't get very often.

My own cat climbs on the car all the time without setting it off,so I'm 99% positive it was the rain.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do Scots allow wild nocturnal animals to sleep in their cars?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do Scots allow wild nocturnal animals to sleep in their cars?

[/ QUOTE ]

If she comes home late,yeah...

Never had it happen with any recent Audis, but in the past I had a similar problem with and Audi 80 and a 90. If there was a strong wind blowing, the air coming in through the frsh air vents would trigger the ultrasonic and sound the alarm. The only cure was to close all the vents in the car. Could one of the windows have not quite closed up tight?

Dealer has already asked about the windows.
There definitely weren't any open.
No vents open either.
They're going to check it,but I'm hoping it was just a one off caused by the,frankly,freakish downpour we had at the time.
It's certainly the heaviest shower I've ever seen.
The car has definitely sat in stronger winds without a problem.

My MkIV Golf Gti had a constant problem with the alarm,eventually traced to a burst rear washer pipe !

Water was running down the inside of the tailgate and shorting out the contacts between the boot and body.

Happened to me last night for the first time in some very heavy rain. I thought it was my alarm clock going off.

Can't believe how feeble the sounder unit is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Happened to me last night for the first time in some very heavy rain. I thought it was my alarm clock going off.

Can't believe how feeble the sounder unit is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup,neither the wife nor our 2 year old daughter were disturbed by it.

Only me,but I'm a light sleeper.

I didn't notice any of the neighbours' curtains twitching either.

Bit girly really.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

yep - exact same thing happened to me - prob on same nihgt here in manchester a couple of weeks agio when we had some serisou rain one night - first time my alarm has ever gone off - im pretty sure its just a one off - not done it before and not done it since - i reckon the rai was making so much noise on the roof that its confused the sensors inside somewhat or somehting like that - maybe even caused the car to vibrate or something which might activate movement sensor????

steve