sachs organic clutch juddering

whitex8p

Reaction score
Ive only done about 800 mile since i was fitted but i am getting bad juddering in reverse and sometimes in first. Has this happened to anyone else cheers

I've fitted 2 of these kits on my previous tfsi cars.
The first one juddered for about 500 miles and the second kit was the superseded part number which was much harder and juddered for about 1000 miles.
As above if its on to your old flywheel it will take the 1000 miles to bed in.

With a new clutch you'll be being extra gentle with it too?
Sachs are very good and I'd say it'll bed in.

With a new clutch you'll be being extra gentle with it too?
Sachs are very good and I'd say it'll bed in.
Took it easy mate yeah, its vibrating really bad in reverse, I am sick of the car its been nothing but trouble and i got it from approved audi.

I know this probably doesn't help, but my 1.6 FSI has had a juddering clutch - especially in reverse for the 2 years and 20k I've owned it. I asked on here and apparently, it's normal.

I know this probably doesn't help, but my 1.6 FSI has had a juddering clutch - especially in reverse for the 2 years and 20k I've owned it. I asked on here and apparently, it's normal.
Its defo not normal it should not do that, mine makes some weird noise as well like rattling. Ive got brake judder and judder changing down gears so going to get all the mounts checked.

i got a loba smf and sachs clutch and im 2k miles in and its still judders the pedal is not quite has hard as it used to be but still a pin to do maneuvers as you just end up slipping the clutch , not overly impressed with it especially when its like £950 of clutch kit

i got a loba smf and sachs clutch and im 2k miles in and its still judders the pedal is not quite has hard as it used to be but still a pin to do maneuvers as you just end up slipping the clutch , not overly impressed with it especially when its like £950 of clutch kit

I would say something's definitely wrong then, because mines fine (loba/sach) and been fine since day 1. Now about 10k on the clutch and it feels like new still.

Ever since install its judderd like mad getting better though , I may email loba and see what they say

Along with that email, I'd be back in touch with the garage that fitted it.

Well to be honest mate I fit it my self , fit many clutches before rebuilt countless engines so I know its fitted correctly , unless they have daft fitting instructions but it dident come with anything

Could be contaminated clutch plate or flywheel..

It was all brake and clutch cleaners off to remove the grease ect

Ever since install its judderd like mad getting better though , I may email loba and see what they say

As you've fitted it yourself,I'd say that's the best idea,and they usually are very helpful and supportive with their products.

Reactions: S3_Mat
Yeah I have emailed them Alex I mean I have seen clutches of a bad batch of friction material judder a lot , its a lot better than it was but you would have expected it to have gone by now

Reactions: S3Alex
Let us know what loba say, hope you get it sorted.

Yeah I will do , I have a feeling I know they will say! They will probably say it installer error as I don't have a receipt for the install of it

I'd still say it will improve with miles.
As long as when you tightened the clutch cover you done it evenly that's the only mistake people make.

It used to be common for people to air gun them up rather them evenly tighten them which caused judder.
I still think it's not fully bedded in and with the clutch material being so hard for purpose it's taking a while.
You've done the easy 500 miles it says now try giving it some abuse to help it along.

Yeah I mean i did use the snap on buzz gun to get it nipped up but it was even as it was almost flat ! And it was even within reason as u checked with a ratchet , well I have given it a hard drive out the other day and it got a lot lighter pedal and and lot less juddery !

But yeah I was carful on bed in , bar it stinking to high heaven when reversing and setting off occasionally I just pooled around town and say motorway miles granny shifting to hell !

Ahhhhh well in that case, like you've already done then. Be interesting to see what they say. I'm just glad it hasn't happened to me because I imagine it'd be almost impossible to sell (selling mine currently) without reducing the price dramatically. Good luck, hope everything works out.