Problem with my horn!

Worze

Reaction score
Website
n
I know what your thinking but I mean the one on the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

It keeps going off on its own (still talking about the car), happened twice now when taking a right turn.

No, I've not leant on the steering wheel!

Has this happened to anyone else?

A trip to the dealer is on the cards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Did you know that's an offence sir?

Sounding your horn when its not an emergency.

Try convincing a copper that 'it did it on its own officer - honest'

I know, I'm currently working on a project that involves a very close look at the Highway Code, I must have sat about 20 mock theory tests in the last 2 weeks!

More importantly, I drive through South London on the way to work everyday and the last thing I want is people thinking I'm on a road-rage trip. I might get shot!

I had the same thing happen in a Cavalier Sri I once owned.
The horn would sound of it's own accord and the wipers would pack in,because they were on the same fuse.
It was a wire shorting against some bodywork,so I would your problem is a short as well.

You could just remove the fuse in the short (sic) term,assuming nothing else is affected obviously.

Bowfer - LOL

My first car was a B reg MK1 Astra GTE which used to do exactly the same thing - I never did figure out what it was though.

You'd think that 20 years and the finest German technology would have moved things on abit from an old vauxhall - obviously not.

I thought it might be a short somewhere so we shall see.

The cars booked in next Friday to have this and the fuel filler cap release problem resolved.

The woman on the service desk had a good laugh anyway, she hadn't heard of a problem with the horn before.

miket - my first (decent) car as a Mk1 GTe too and it had the "horn" problem! managed to fix mine though!

[ QUOTE ]

The woman on the service desk had a good laugh anyway, she hadn't heard of a problem with the horn before.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what all the Women Say on the service Desk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif

I'm going to complain.......it looks like they've sold me a Vauxhall!!