Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
    imported_S_Line

New Software new graph from Rolling Road on the 3.2

New Software has been installed on Clives rollers over Christmas.

Before Christmas we had a little S3 vs A3 3.2 shoot out.
    details are on here somewhere with also a video clip.
    http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1

Now as many will know the Quattro system on the A3 is a pain to power run. So a software upgrade on Clives Rollers now produce these new results from my 3.2.

The run was carried out in 5th. other gears were used, 5th was the best readings.
    We found that in 6th at high speed the power is shifted to the rear wheels and taken away from the front wheels, this is done automatically and may be down to handling on high speed motorways ?

Anyway, torque is far better now and is back where Audi say it should be.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Uber Post Whore

Status

Re: New Software new graph from Rolling Road on the 3.2

Nice one.

imported_S_Line

we are thinking the dip in the middle is down to the Cams or something changing mode ? can anyone clarify this ?

Uber pimp meister

Status

Why didn't he just remove the haldex fuse and run it 2wd? What has this software acheived as your cars supposed to produce 250hp isn't it??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Numptie of the highest order

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Why didn't he just remove the haldex fuse and run it 2wd? :

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that can bugger your haldex clutch and won't be accurate as your not driving 4 wheels as the car should be!

2nd Gear

Status

Cupramax, this fuse removal business, surely it will cause huge heat build up in the haldex unit? which is only designed to have minimal speed differences between front and rear drives.

With stationary rear drive and front drive doing near on 140+mph, the multiplate clutch in all that oil will be causing some heat, as wet clutches always drag a little.

Just a thought.....

Uber pimp meister

Status

I would think driving 2 wheels would be more accurate not less. Only going on what I've seen done before at Stealth who are reputable...

6th Gear

Status

That's a fair dip at 4000rpm.
    I'd expect any tuner to be able to fix that easily.

3rd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, I don't think so Bowfer: all the remapped 3.2VR6s I've seen have this dip. I believe it is at that point that the variable manifold switches from long to short runners.

What I find strange is that the graphs should read power at the wheels. So 250 + 23% (what VAG claims is lost in the MkV Haldex system) would be over 305 hp, which of course is ludicrous. Or are these graphs showing the "at the crank values?

If so, what was the correction factor used?

TIA,
    Ben

PS: I've been trying to scan my plots, but I guess I'll just photo them: looks ok!

3rd Gear

Status

Nevermind, looked at the graphs again: there are numbers at the wheels and at the crank!

Sorry for the bother.

imported_S_Line

Another thing we noticed was when we tried in 6th (DSG) the power was shifted to the rear wheels at over 110 mph. and caused some choppy going ons [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Using 5th this didnt happen.
    Seems like a stability program, that alsters more power to the rear wheels when only on 6th and at very high speed. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Things like this you would never know when driving at high speed as it feels so sure footed anyway.

2nd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Another thing we noticed was when we tried in 6th (DSG) the power was shifted to the rear wheels at over 110 mph. and caused some choppy going ons [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Using 5th this didnt happen.
    Seems like a stability program, that alsters more power to the rear wheels when only on 6th and at very high speed. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Things like this you would never know when driving at high speed as it feels so sure footed anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

DSG and Quattro are you sure? Been to the pub have you [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]?

3rd Gear

Status

V6 Quattro DSG, that's what the sig says! It's the only model you can get the combination on at the moment.

imported_S_Line

. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif[/img] oh well im sure your Oil Burner is fine ! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, I don't think so Bowfer: all the remapped 3.2VR6s I've seen have this dip. I believe it is at that point that the variable manifold switches from long to short runners.

What I find strange is that the graphs should read power at the wheels. So 250 + 23% (what VAG claims is lost in the MkV Haldex system) would be over 305 hp, which of course is ludicrous. Or are these graphs showing the "at the crank values?

If so, what was the correction factor used?

TIA,
    Ben

PS: I've been trying to scan my plots, but I guess I'll just photo them: looks ok!

[/ QUOTE ]

All the Porsches I have run on rollers with "varioram"-- a resonant charge device, have a similar dip where the flaps or trumpets operate, holding them ON or OFF does get rid of the dip, but it also loses massive power either below or above the existing dip, thats life !!!!!!!!!!

2nd Gear

Status

oooer wot a tvvat I have becum

3rd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    All the Porsches I have run on rollers with "varioram"-- a resonant charge device, have a similar dip where the flaps or trumpets operate, holding them ON or OFF does get rid of the dip, but it also loses massive power either below or above the existing dip, thats life !!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. There's not much one can do against the laws of fluid dynamics, and the openeing/closing of flaps always creates a very slight loss of flow.

One VR6 tuner had a turbo kit for the 3.2, in which the variable intake was made to stay in the "short runner/high-rpm" position. Approx 20lb/ft of torque were lost, so that's what the long runners are "giving" low in the revband...

imported_S_Line

I'm booked in for the All New REVO map for the 3..2

AS REvo are updating their 3.2 maps all the time, and its down to me to test them out [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

details up soon [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]