Coming Home Leaving Home Lights

coxy8329

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been covered before; I don't recall reading about it, so may be of interest to someone.

I enabled coming home and leaving home lights using VCDS. I never got around to installing the earth wire to the CE module.

The results are:-
Leaving home lights come on when the car is unlocked using the key fob.

Coming home lights come on if the main beams are flashed after the ignition is switched off and before the key is removed, headlights come on when drivers door is opened.​

My car is a 57 plate Sline SB with halogen lights.

Last edited:
Depends on what car youve got im sure... On xenons or what

I activated mine easily through vcds, but that was after I needlessly ran the cable and connected it doh! Haha.. Maybe a bit more thread searching would have been a wise move for me..!

Iv attempted this, run the wire and got it coded up...... and no joy :(

Is now on the back burner untill next year when its a bit warmer :cold:

57 Plate A3 Halogen

can this be enabled for a car with xenons? I would be interested in doing that!

yes they can be done on all cars up to 2010 models. the procedure changed in 2008 with the newer modules and do not require the wire as described in the first post.

yes they can be done on all cars up to 2010 models. the procedure changed in 2008 with the newer modules and do not require the wire as described in the first post.

i saw in previous threads there may be issues with 59 plates? Which is what my car is. Cheers