My first Audi - A3 TDI

I had it 3D printed, from an online company (was previously mentioned on this forum).
Let me give it a try, to see if it fits properly - then will supply the link.

Looks like the garage put my rear suspension in upside down, so it can't be adjusted. Back to the garage for me :( IMAG1359

Pic I took of the car today, showing new front brakes, etcIMAG1353IMAG1358IMAG1356

Last edited:
Double din cage arrived - now to source some buttons/trim.
2014 04 25 183622

Thinking to just install a symphony 2+ and use my phone for maps.
Other than the RNS-E, could anyone recommend a decent double din unit with maps?

Zenec ordered. Should be with me on the weekend.
Now just the centre console trim from Stoke, for all the parts to complete the single to double din conversion...

If you haven't already been back to the garage.. when you put the adjuster in the top of the spring that rubber bit needs to come out too.

AP Coilovers arrived. Thanks to MXGazza33.
View attachment 25275

Now to get them fitted at a decent price.
Can anyone recommend a place close to SW London to fit them?
Thanks

Hey how much did they cost to get fitted? i just nabbed myself an sport A3 and will be looking to lower the suspension in the near future....

Im also around SW London, where did you get them done??

Been rather busy at work recently, so havnt had a chance to get the springs swapped around. Thought Id give it a try last weekend myself - but wasnt really able to fit my spring compressors onto the springs, doesnt seem to be enough space.

@fps_cod : The clip - I gave it a quick try - but wasnt able to actually take the armrest lid apart. Will need to do some more investigation. Im not able to pull the leather away from the plastic underneath... I might just give up and go down the magnet route.

@grantposs : They cost more to fit than i was hoping. BUT their price was alright considering its London. I needed a service, so had it all done in one go - also installed big brakes (345mm from S3) at the same time.
Will need to dig out my invoice over the weekend and can upload over the weekend.

I took the car to VolksAutos, in Sutton.
I'd definitely recommend them, they were happy to accommodate my crazy requests and numerous phone calls. They'd never done the large brake upgrade before, so were only going off of my information (Thanks to the numerous posts on the forum about it).

Hopefully I'll get some time on Sunday to start the double din conversion.
Also bought some red paint for the calipers - yes Red! I know its controversial, but I prefer the look to black calipers.

Looking really good, adding to my own list of things to do from here haha

Took a quick photo of the rear of my current audi unit 2014 05 10 184514
So looks like i do need the double antenna conversion cable and the iso to quad lock. Anyone know where I can get one cheaper than kufatec? RNS-E Bundle RNS-E Adapter + antenna adapter + Unlock key-34521

Parts from Stoke Audi arrived, for the centre trim, for double din conversion - except its missing the hazard light... so have to wait for another weekend...

@GrantPoss, just checked my invoice.

They charged for 5.5. hours to change the suspension @ £65/h + VAT.. so all in all, quite an expensive mod.
Might be worth driving up north and getting it done.

@GrantPoss, just checked my invoice.

They charged for 5.5. hours to change the suspension @ £65/h + VAT.. so all in all, quite an expensive mod.
Might be worth driving up north and getting it done.

Ah ok, thanks for the heads up... will need to do some serious saving. what to get mine mapped first, where did you get yours mapped?

Installed the Zenec unit today... Getting the cage out was a bit of a mission.
Before:
2014 05 18 124813
During:
2014 05 18 140253
After:
2014 05 18 173753
I also did the ashtray delete (Would highly recommend this).
Got a bit carried away while grinding down the Fan unit though, might get a replacement later down the line. Still waiting for the new style Hazard switch to arrive.

Finally got to paint my brakes today - while enjoying the good weather.
Only managed one coat, i need to buy some chassis stands, using a jack wasn't the best idea...
2014 06 22 1224412014 06 22 134847

Whiteline rear ARB arrived, hopefully will be able to put it on this weekend.
2014-08-21%2022.24.14.jpg

Having a good think about upgrading the turbo, cant quite justify the spend at the moment though...

Reactions: RS3dan