Clutch questions

Tom5190

Reaction score
My cars a 2008 S3 8P. My clutch has just started to slip.

I've had a search and read through a few threads but some of the links to buying parts are dead now. Few questions are:

Were should I be looking for the Sachs performance clutch? Sachs themselves state 605Euro. LUK/Valeo OEM spec clutches are around £170-150, for 3 times the prices is the Sachs worth it? The car will be going stage 1 early next year. I will be taking it to the strip etc and the odd track day/ring trip. I drive it soft on the road but it will be driven hard in the above conditions.

LUK OEM flywheel at £257, is that about right price wise? (£497 from TPS :O:O:O:O:)

OEM release bearing from TPS is £39+VAT. (seems to be the best I've found)

Are there any other things I should be buying for it?

I'm fitting myself but the only thing close to this I've done is a 4-motion V6 Golf, I've not done one on this 2.0L engine.

I believe the sachs clutch is what they use on the RS3.. i'm sure it is anyway... could be wrong

Thats the clutch i'll be going for on mine when the time comes... It quotes figures of 550+ nm torque i'm sure, so if you ever decide to go stage 2, 2+, 3 then you'll never need to worry about it.. For the extra money and especially if your going to fit it yourself, then thats the 1 i'd be fitting... just for the longer lifespan over the OE clutch, even at stage 1 is an incentive in my eyes...

Last edited:
dont risk future slipping on a stock clutch, just uprate!

then only a few extras for st2+ ;)

Cheers for the replies, I've read some more threads, I'm probably going to go for the Sachs but I cant really find anywhere to get one from?

Try graeme at gnj motorsport or mark at brotek here's the link for gnj LOBA Motorsport Single Mass Flywheel and Sachs Clutch Conversion S3 8P (06-12) - GNJ Motorsport I think you would need to mail or call mark for prices this is what I'm getting next year you will also need the realise Baring I'm sure but I'm sure u have mentioned that above and I think some people have the dmf instead of the single mass as it makes a little bit of chatter on idle but not bad this is just what I've read up on some of the more experienced guys will prob come along soon and answer better

check gnj motorsport or awesomegti thats where I bought mine for close to £900

i got my one from amd for 915 i think a month or so ago , im im not massively impressed with the clutch to be honest, you have to lift the peddle up fast or it judders like hell ! which makes maneuvers a pain in the *** its got better but it was a pig to drive when put in new

Was it the same one as gnj is offering the sach and loba with smf? I'm getting one next year and your the first person I've heard with any problems ?? Would be a nightmare if it was like that

Yeah mine is the loba kit , don't know if its duff or what it's been on for 2000 miles , it's ok normal driving it just when you want to do slow manoeuvres where you only just past the bite now but it was every time you set off when first installed not what I expected from a solid disk clutch kit