Audi S3 horn??

Lloydie22

Reaction score
Hi guys, somebody cut me up earlier so i beeped them and nearly laughed at how pitiful and poor sounding the horn is (2009 s3)

Can anyone advise of where i could get a better horn from? Would an A5 horn fit on the S3 for example?

Cheers,
Lloyd.

The 2 oem stock horns are perfectly ok on the 8P mate, unless yours are faulty, best to compare with another 8P owner of 09 facelift onwards, as they share the same part numbers, as earlier cars were different, being on either side of the car, whereas facelift 09 are on top of eachother in the fog area drivers side.

Okay thanks Nigel. It was actually quiet embarrasing. Its just sounds so weak. I suppose you can say a horn is a horn but i just wonderd if i can just change it to a slightly better one. Like the one on my S5.

Totally agree here... Moved from my a3 to s3 and the s3 horn is soooo gay!

Reactions: Jameze, autolatry and Lloydie22
Haha tell me about it! Whats the A3 horn like then? Abit more muscular? Lol

Yeah a lot more deeper... The s3 horn imo is more high pitched... Maybe its an audi road rage deterrant, cause most folk would be too embarrassed to press that in rage haha

Reactions: Lloydie22
When i had my 09 S3 I had the horns fail twice in 3 months.

First low tone went, was replaced, then high went shortly after. When not paired with one another, utter embarrassment when pushing the horn!!

So the chances are one of yours has packed up, not that expensive and not difficult to replace.

Probably full of water/moisture, being low behind the fog grill.

I fitted 3 horns to my MG, MUCH better! :rock:

+ as NHN says, the horns are perfectly loud, very german, more than adequate, if you think otherwise, they're definitely broken.

+ MY09 S3 horn(mounted in fog, next to each other) are just the same sound/noise as MY12 S3 currently, and mounted in the same place.

Maybe my low end 1 has packed in... I'll be taking my bumper off through the week and i'll give them a look

A few weeks ago mine went squeaky for two days, then returned to normal on its own. it may have got wet when I washed it, then dried out and fixed itself. I'm not sure but it hasn't failed since. :uhm:

Hi guys, somebody cut me up earlier so i beeped them and nearly laughed at how pitiful and poor sounding the horn is (2009 s3)

Can anyone advise of where i could get a better horn from? Would an A5 horn fit on the S3 for example?

Cheers,
Lloyd.
My low pitched went kaput while my S3 was under warranty. Mechanic said it was a common problem as the horns faced forward and filled up with water and crap. I got two new ones which he said he mounted facing backwards. They are now plenty loud enough.

Okay it looks like it isnt just me then!

Can anybody send me a link for one that will fit my 09 S3 please?

Would very much appreciate that

No worries mate. I've just bought one off of ebay so lets see how it improves afterwards.

Okay let me know if its as queer sounding as mine!

I had a stebel on my last car sounds like this in the video, people really jumped and moved ;) I still have it but it will be going on my A3 when i cba.

Stebel Nautilus horn - YouTube

does it take much to fit this stebel nautilus?? I'd love one of these :)

Needs to be fitted with a relay due to the amps it draws, So a positive direct from the battery, good solid earth then the standard horns triggers the relay, loads of wiring diagrams about

Anybody considered the dixie horn from the general lee? haha

Horn arrived today from ebay. Do i have to remove my bumber to allow me to change the horn? Can't see it from looking into the engine bay!? Cheers,

As you look at the car from the front, tug hard on left fog grill. There's a nice gap to pull on the fog grill plastic, you'll see once removed.

Bumper stays on I believe, fog needs removing though I think. it's been a while.

As you look at the car from the front, tug hard on left fog grill. There's a nice gap to pull on the fog grill plastic, you'll see once removed.

Bumper stays on I believe, fog needs removing though I think. it's been a while.

Cheers, appreciate that. I'll give it a go tomo in the light :)