Timing belt change

allymorrison70

Reaction score
Audi A3 2.0 tdi sportback 55 plate

Guys.

My timing belt it well over due, about 3 years over due although I've only got 65,000 miles on the clock. I am capable of doing it myself but fairly unenthusiastic about it! Looked at Audi, they change a cam belt for £439. Anyone know if that's just the belt they change or does it include the tensioner? Do i even need to change anything else other than the belt?

While im here. How easy is it to check power steering connections and wiring on the rack, i'm getting intermitent dash warning....again!

Thanks

The water pump ect is not a must, however it's recommended 👍 just had my s3 done and cost me £585 for cambelt, waterpump, and cambelt fixing kit which I believe is the tensioners ect :)

The water pump ect is not a must, however it's recommended ������ just had my s3 done and cost me £585 for cambelt, waterpump, and cambelt fixing kit which I believe is the tensioners ect :)

Did you get that done at Audi?

Going to give audi a call tomorrow, see what they say. Got power steering issues as well. Any idea how easy it is to see the steering rack wiring and rack connection?