USDM Sportback tailights setup.....

Rodney5950

Reaction score
So i wasleaving the Base behind my friends American MY07 Sportback earlier tonight and i realised his tailights although the same as my MY06 and my mums MY07 tailights, they light up different,

On the UKDM A3's only the outer part of the tailights is on and the inner part is the brake light, on his The whole Unit is on and both outer and inner parts illuminate brighter when he brakes

I plan to change to LEDs in future but i would like to have them the same as his for now, anyone know he coding for this? i recall seeing something about tailights on VCDS on my old MY04 3 door. I had my old civic coupe rewired to have the same setup a long time ago but i doubt this would be a case of rewiring

While I agree that it is probably just a matter of coding, there are some hardware differences as well. The pre-2009 UK/Euro tails have amber turn signals in the lower portion of the lamps, while the US tails are completely red, and I believe the lower portion is just a reflector while the outer lamp was used as a turn signal. Just going off of memory, I've had the LEDs basically since they came out. Wish I still had my stock coding to send you, but maybe you can check your mate's coding. Otherwise I'm sure someone on Fourtitude or Audizine can get it for you.

Funny how over here we all want the Euro spec lights, and you're trying to get the USDM look. I guess the grass is always greener :D

Coding will sort this out for you, you need to change the % of whatever bulbs you wish to change if that makes sense!

On my sportback I have also changed the fog lights to 22% to match the sidelights (all 3 bulbs each side lit)

From memory it's in central convince, scroll right down & you'll see a box with the % value for each bulb

I will get the LEDs in the new year but i just hate the way the tailights look at night with just he outer part lit. Ill plug it in tomorrow and see if i can get it to work . I much prefer the USDM Audis i see on the base

IMG 42331Took 10minutes on vcds working out how to do it, set rear fogs at brakelights and changed both tails and fogs from 22% to 40%

Reactions: LEE69
Going to do this to mine, i guess you loose the fog lights? Just revert back come mot time?

I can't for the life of me see this % that needs changing, to adjust the lights.
I have the fog light as a brake light now.