Can someone comfirm these rims will fit??

wanton

Reaction score
Hi All,
I want to buy some new rims but I cant confirm if they will definitely fit my car without the need for any spacers ect. I have a 2009 facelift S3 the rims sizes are 7 1/2 j x 18 h2, ET 54. I have searched this site thoroughly and can't come up with a definitive answer. Also been to a few sites which are able to calculate if they will fit but being a total noob on wheel sizes I cant make head or tail of the info!

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
If they are 5x112, yes. But you will need spacers to sit flash. My winter wheels are the same, I have 15mm at the back and 10mm at the front.

Thanks for the response Mr B. Unfortunately this still means nothing to me so I am hoping the person who is selling them can confirm this!! lol

That is the std S3 alloy size? You will only need to spacer if you wanted to improve the stance, and not to make them fit BTW.

OK nluk100 looks like im making a purchase then! :)

Audi 8P wheel fitment as a rule I might wrong ;)
5x112
16'', 17'',18'',19'',20''
215, 225, 235
ET:35+
7.5j ,8j ,8.5j ,(9j rear)

Watch this might help in the future: GUIDE to Offset, Lug Pattern, Wheel/Tires Specs - YouTube

ET35 will NOT fit the S3 - the minimum you can get away with is about ET45 (you can go a bit lower, say to ET42 but expect rubbing or over-stretched tyres).

Furthermore, you can't just go by ET figures as the tyre width comes into play as well.

Oh, and 16's won't clear the S3 brakes.

Last edited:
Thanks nluck. I think the rims I am buying were a direct fit for A3s so I'm hoping there won't be any problems. I have come to the conclusion that I definitely want them but if they don't fit I will just have to sell them on lol...