Rear roof spoiler

irmscher

Reaction score
Hi.

Going to be getting an sline roof spoiler for my missus who has an 08 A3 Sportback sport.
I know I will have to cut the lugs off the spoiler and bond it to car.

My question is, the spoiler is coming with a brake light already installed in it so
What happens to the brake light on the car at the moment?

I assume I remove it, but will this leave a gap in the roof or does the spoiler cover it?

Thanks

I have been having a look at our car and other sportbacks with sline spoilers. I think ours if slightly different as it has a panoramic glass roof

Doesn't mater!
There are 2 spoilers, both... originals. There is a Votex one an the OE one. Both are sold by Audi.
Almost everybody will recommend to have the OE. This one comes wit its own brake light.
You have to remove the old one on the boot lid and install the spoiler which will cover the remaining space.
I did this in the summer an there is no space left uncovered.
When installing the OE spoiler, you have to decide whether you drill the holes in the lid, as it should, or cut two of the three lugs and just glue it.
If you use a good adhesive, than you won't have any problem.

Glue is what people recommend.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/186492-drill-stick.html

Perfect.

Thanks for that. I have just got one from ebay, an S-line one already sprayed in black to match the open sky roof and with a brake light. Think I will just bond it on.

I wouldn't bond it, as it will get sucked in by the bonding agent used & create a curve, I would bolt it down as per factory, you can buy the double sided tape from audi aswell, for the areas that do stick down to the bootlid.

Had mine on my car for about 3 years now, bonded mine on but kept the middle lug which went into the space left by the old brake light. Hasn't bended or curved at all.

Had mine on my car for about 3 years now, bonded mine on but kept the middle lug which went into the space left by the old brake light. Hasn't bended or curved at all.

Ive just purchased a s line spoiler with brake light.

how do I remove the existing light , through the bootlid inside or does it just pop out.

i think il do what you you and just cut of the two bolts and leave the middle

which bonding glue it the best

Ive just purchased a s line spoiler with brake light.

how do I remove the existing light , through the bootlid inside or does it just pop out.

i think il do what you you and just cut of the two bolts and leave the middle

which bonding glue it the best

I'm guessing that you have a sport back? if so then yes you would need to take the brake light out from under the boot lid. move the plastics out the way and you should see the bolt holding it down.
i used sikaflex when i bonded mine down.

I'm guessing that you have a sport back? if so then yes you would need to take the brake light out from under the boot lid. move the plastics out the way and you should see the bolt holding it down.
i used sikaflex when i bonded mine down.

Yes , I've got the sportback , getting the parts all together and stick them all on at once .

Il ask what the Bodyshop use and if not any good il get sikaflex, now all all I need to do is get the rear s3 diffuser

Thanks for the quick reply