Evans waterless coolant in an S3? Any experiences?

s3facelift09

Reaction score
[h=2]Benefits Over Water-Based Coolants[/h] [h=3]Eliminates Overheating[/h] Evans Waterless Coolants have a boiling point above 180°C and will not vapourise, thus eliminating overheating, boil-over and after-boil.
[h=3]Reduces Pressure[/h] Evans Waterless Coolants generate very low vapour pressures reducing strain on engine cooling system components.
[h=3]Prevents Corrosion[/h] Evans Waterless Coolants contain no oxygen effectively eliminating corrosion.
[h=3]Increases BHP[/h] Evans Waterless Coolants eliminate pre-ignition and detonation caused by overheating - thus improving combustion efficiency and delivering more power.
[h=3]Stops Erosion[/h] Evans Waterless Coolants prevent cavitation and eliminate liner and cooling pump erosion.
[h=3]Freeze Protection[/h] Evans Waterless Coolants freeze below -40ºC
[h=3]Non-Toxic[/h] Evans Waterless Coolants are proven to be Non-Toxic. Standard anti-freeze is toxic and known to kill pets.

To go for, or not to go for?

Evans Cooling Systems UK, Swansea.. they have a good web-site with a large FAQ where everything is explained..

Can't remember the exact brand, but i have tried waterless cooling liquid and ended up throwing it away.

It was a pain to fill as you need to flush out the old coolant and let it dry,
The car then ran a fair bit hotter with this stuff

Absolute waste of time, money and effort

Evans do say on their website that the engine will run a few degrees hotter.

How will it increase performance exactly ....?

From what I've read it allows you to run the engine hotter,which may provide some increases,but also to eliminate hotspots and reduce the onset of knock,but I still don't think any of that will persuade me.

nothing wrong with water and g12 has worked on millions of cars for years , if it was that revolutionary surely manufactures would make you use it ?

nothing wrong with water and g12 has worked on millions of cars for years , if it was that revolutionary surely manufactures would make you use it ?

Its the cost factor. £65 for 5L is a huge difference compared to normal coolant.

Yeah but it only costs that much as they make a stupid mark up on it ! If they mass produced it their would be no reason drastically reduce the costs of production , and on high end cars if its for the life if the engine surely it would be cost effective

If it's so good for the engine\environment & cost effective to boot, why aren't manufacturers falling over themselves to use it initially, instead of standard coolant? The same can be asked about internal engine\gearbox coatings like Slick 50, etc & coolant leak & rust inhibitors.

There's usually a little known drawback not mentioned in the sales blurb for such things and I'd personally steer clear if you value your engine, unless\until it becomes manufacturer recommended.

They were pushing this in a major way at the NEC classic car show this weekend, expensive stuff, would need to be very good

Jay Leno has been using Evans for 16 years in his cars.. :blink: I hope they didn't just pay him to say that..