EGR Delete Remap query: 8P A3 2.0TDI

Muzzcuzz

Reaction score
Hi all,

At the end of last year I moved back to New Zealand and decided to ship my 04 A3 TDI back as well. While I owned it in the UK I did some minor visual upgrades as well as a set of H&R lowering springs and an EGR Delete kit. I refrained from fitting the delete kit before I shipped the car as NZ has recently been tightening up their used vehicle import emissions standards.
I completely forgot I had the delete kit till I saw it on the shelf in the garage and I wondered how easy and expensive it would be to find someone who could do a remap to delete the EGR from the ECU prior to fitting the delete pipe. After doing a bit of googling I have found a place in Auckland that will possibly be able to do it, but that's a good 9 hour drive from where I'm living so not ideal.

So my question is,

Aside from having an Engine management light illuminated on the dash, what would be the implications of fitting the delete kit and not getting the EGR deleted from the system?

Thanks in advance,

Murray

I had a remap done on my 2.0TDI A6 by blacksmoke. you buy the MPPS cable from ebay, read your current map, email it to them. They email you a new map back and you load it on. Its a subtle map rather than full on power but will also remove the EGR function.

I didnt fit a delete kit, just left it on but disabled.

£30 for the cable, £45 for the map

By darkside developments egr delete and have the light mapped out and a stage 1 rolling road tune to 185bhp on the BKD it will run smooth

ive had mine mapped out also removed all pipe work, egr cooler, egr valve etc with no problems

Tdi man can you upload engine bay pic ?

h

had mine mapped and egr blank plate fitted any the tuner deleted the egr at a extra cost of £30 on top of remap its been great since

h

had mine mapped and egr blank plate fitted any the tuner deleted the egr at a extra cost of £30 on top of remap its been great since
did you notice smoother power output ?

Obviously the map would account for the power increase but I blanked the egr two weeks before the map was done and it did feel a lot smoother

IMG 0530

Very filthy engine bay lol
Does the blanking plate go on the manifold instead of the end of the cooler pipe ??

lol yes it does need a clean. yer blanking plate fits on manifold.

Allard kit is same as the darkside one

well if you remap the egr valve out its not worth keeping the rest of the system is it ?

also the egr cooler have a common fault of leaking water.