Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

EGR Delete Remap query: 8P A3 2.0TDI

Hi all,

At the end of last year I moved back to New Zealand and decided to ship my 04 A3 TDI back as well. While I owned it in the UK I did some minor visual upgrades as well as a set of H&R lowering springs and an EGR Delete kit. I refrained from fitting the delete kit before I shipped the car as NZ has recently been tightening up their used vehicle import emissions standards.
    I completely forgot I had the delete kit till I saw it on the shelf in the garage and I wondered how easy and expensive it would be to find someone who could do a remap to delete the EGR from the ECU prior to fitting the delete pipe. After doing a bit of googling I have found a place in Auckland that will possibly be able to do it, but that's a good 9 hour drive from where I'm living so not ideal.

So my question is,

Aside from having an Engine management light illuminated on the dash, what would be the implications of fitting the delete kit and not getting the EGR deleted from the system?

Thanks in advance,

Murray

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    I had a remap done on my 2.0TDI A6 by blacksmoke. you buy the MPPS cable from ebay, read your current map, email it to them. They email you a new map back and you load it on. Its a subtle map rather than full on power but will also remove the EGR function.

I didnt fit a delete kit, just left it on but disabled.

£30 for the cable, £45 for the map
    back to boost, oh how I missed thee....

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    I would go get a stage 1 remap and then ask the tuner to delete the EGR for you. This fully deactivates the valve shut so no need to worry about it.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

5th Gear

Status
    By darkside developments egr delete and have the light mapped out and a stage 1 rolling road tune to 185bhp on the BKD it will run smooth
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

Neutral

Status
    Hi pablo,

This is an avenue I have been looking down. Are you happy with the remap and the performance you are getting and have you had any issues at all?
    Also does this look like the same as your unit?
    Newest MPPS V12 Chip Tuning SMPS MPPS V12 Tuning Remap Chiptuning Can Flashe | eBay

Cheers,

Murray
    Last edited by Muzzcuzz; 14th November 2013 at 23:00.

6th Gear

Status
    ive had mine mapped out also removed all pipe work, egr cooler, egr valve etc with no problems
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm (NEEDS A NEW MAP)

5th Gear

Status
    Tdi man can you upload engine bay pic ?
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzcuzz View Post
    Hi pablo,

This is an avenue I have been looking down. Are you happy with the remap and the performance you are getting and have you had any issues at all?
    Also does this look like the same as your unit?
    Newest MPPS V12 Chip Tuning SMPS MPPS V12 Tuning Remap Chiptuning Can Flashe | eBay

Cheers,

Murray
    no regrets mate transformed the car without going too mad on power.
    back to boost, oh how I missed thee....

6th Gear

Status
    yes will take pics tomo in light
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

5th Gear

Status
    Cool thanks mate

2nd Gear

Status
    h

had mine mapped and egr blank plate fitted any the tuner deleted the egr at a extra cost of £30 on top of remap its been great since

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by southylad View Post
    h

had mine mapped and egr blank plate fitted any the tuner deleted the egr at a extra cost of £30 on top of remap its been great since
    did you notice smoother power output ?

2nd Gear

Status
    smoother and a lot faster mate good result

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by southylad View Post
    smoother and a lot faster mate good result
    i like the sound of that, ill order the kit from darkside devlipments so i can get rid of cooler

2nd Gear

Status
    Obviously the map would account for the power increase but I blanked the egr two weeks before the map was done and it did feel a lot smoother

6th Gear

Status

5th Gear

Status
    Very filthy engine bay lol
    Does the blanking plate go on the manifold instead of the end of the cooler pipe ??

6th Gear

Status
    lol yes it does need a clean. yer blanking plate fits on manifold.

5th Gear

Status
    Allard kit is same as the darkside one

A3 2.0 tdi s line 170

Status
    Im still not convinced about the whole EGR delete... my TDI is pulling 203bhp fine, smooth as anything...

6th Gear

Status
    well if you remap the egr valve out its not worth keeping the rest of the system is it ?

also the egr cooler have a common fault of leaking water.