• 1 Post By S3P8
  • 1 Post By fangio
  • 1 Post By R90 STL
  • 1 Post By NHN

Thread: S TRONIC and my LEFT FOOT

2nd Gear

Status

Red face S TRONIC and my LEFT FOOT

Had my S3 with the S TRONIC for about 3 weeks now, have had automatics before so should be used to them. I have a couple of other manual cars which I drive less often.

Anyway Ive done this a couple of times now and been lucky nothing was behind me.

For some reason maybe because of the S option Ive hit the brake with my left foot as if its the clutch.

OMG nearly went through the windscreen ! Really dangerous especially burning down the M60....anyone else done this

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

By the way the car is amazing its just takes time to break old habits

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3P8 View Post
    Had my S3 with the S TRONIC for about 3 weeks now, have had automatics before so should be used to them. I have a couple of other manual cars which I drive less often.

Anyway Ive done this a couple of times now and been lucky nothing was behind me.

For some reason maybe because of the S option Ive hit the brake with my left foot as if its the clutch.

OMG nearly went through the windscreen ! Really dangerous especially burning down the M60....anyone else done this

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

By the way the car is amazing its just takes time to break old habits
    I haven't (touch wood) on my auto,I'd put your lower left leg under the seat out of the way,after a while you'll stop doing it.
    Done it on a courtesy car and wrenched my neck,knew what I was doing but autopilot was engaged lol
    S3P8 likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    yeah its like an automatic reaction, was very hungry and stressed the other night when I did it so maybe I need to watch that too !

The drivers behind me must have thought what the hell is he doing !!!!!!!!!!!

3rd Gear

Status
    I've done this before on the drive when I jumped into the Ed30. At the time I was still on the drive with no seatbelt on getting the car out the way. I nearly did go through the front window..... lol
    S3P8 likes this.

Meteor S3, APR Stage 3, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE, LOBA/Sach's Clutch, Bilstein PSS10's, H&R ARB, Gen4 Haldex PP, EVOM's DV & CAI, Forge TB with Pro-Alloy IC, BBS CK 19" My S3

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow R90 STL On Twitter Add R90 STL on Facebook Visit R90 STL's Instagram Channel
    hahaha I done this when I first got my car. the reason for me braking was because I saw the cops and I may or may not have been going a little bit too fast (2mph or so :P) luckily as I broke with my left foot the lights that I was approaching turned red so I managed to play it off with my friends that it was meant.
    S3P8 likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by R90 STL View Post
    hahaha I done this when I first got my car. the reason for me braking was because I saw the cops and I may or may not have been going a little bit too fast (2mph or so :P) luckily as I broke with my left foot the lights that I was approaching turned red so I managed to play it off with my friends that it was meant.
    Jees it really stops you quickly...didnt realise my left foot is so strong !
    R90 STL likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3P8 View Post
    Jees it really stops you quickly...didnt realise my left foot is so strong !
    No, it's just that you get used to pushing it all the way to the floor.............quickly!
    S3P8 likes this.

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow R90 STL On Twitter Add R90 STL on Facebook Visit R90 STL's Instagram Channel
    haha that and my left foot is pretty useless at best
    S3P8 likes this.
    Audi A3 Black Edition 2.0 Tdi DSG - Black Audi rings - Private plate - RS3 grill - C Quartz ceramic coating - Stage 1 remap - 50mm H&R Springs - SOLD

MY11​ Imola Yellow S3 - Black Edition - DSG - RNS-E - Sunroof - RS3 grill - H&R 25mm springs - Shark Performance stage 1

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DeckedS3 View Post
    I've done this before on the drive when I jumped into the Ed30. At the time I was still on the drive with no seatbelt on getting the car out the way. I nearly did go through the front window..... lol
    Damn where you been hiding
    S3P8 likes this.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK