Rear valance help!

cammy104

Reaction score
It's a 2006 A3 sport but in after a new rear valance but I don't know which one to buy. Don't want to buy one and it doesn't fit. I'm after a black rear valance for it if that's possible. Any help would be much appreciated

You have an sline valance there by looks of it, there really isn't anyothers you can fit to the upper bumper, except an S3 version as the whole lower piece needs removing to fit S3, hence the line.

Reactions: Fanboy
Yep one of my mates tried S3 diffuser on his s line and looked a lot better

So does the lower bottom bit split in two? Or do I buy a whole s3 lower valance I can't just buy the insert if that makes sense

Whole bottom piece for S3 conversion, which 06-08 has 1 piece, 09-12 has 2 pieces.

They are not easy to come by for just the lower part of the valance / diffuser. But google S3 diffuser and you will find what you are looking for. None on ebay at present maybe try the classifieds on here? Your bumper splits into 2 pieces the bumper and the valance. You will need to buy the lower valance part. There are plenty of threads on here if you search for S3 conversions etc..

Alternately you could mask off the rear bumper and just leave the exposed valance strip and spray that gloss black (3 - 4 coats) and then cover with clear lacquer (again 3 coats) and that will look like this;

Then chrome pipes, smoke the rear lights, debadge the A3 and paint the Audi rings black.... (a little something iv knocked up on paint haha but you can see what im trying to achieve! no photoshop on work PC unfotunatley!!)

Image2

Yeah that's the best one iv seen that isn't an OEM part - from the dealers? Its going to be expensive. It costs close to £200 for the rear S-line valance (the bit that's grey and mesh, pops in and out of the rear bumper on the newer Black Editions / S lines) so an S3 rear valance / diffuser will cost quite a bit! But do some searches you wil find plenty of S3 conversions with part numbers and prices