HELP! something is wrong...............

dexx913

Reaction score
Guys,

lastnight i swapped my wheels over for some mercedes monoblocks the car is sitting very low and i will be getting the coilovers raised up ASAP as it looks ridiculous this is off subject however it does give you a bit of detail as to what has been done to the car since the problem

now to the PROBLEM!

I started the car up lastnight after the swap of the wheels i had the lights on for a while whilst i was changing the wheels.On the start up the engine seemed to be juddering a bit and sounding not to healthy as it was cold i assumed this is what it was and left it until this evening as i did not drive to work today!

SO i started it up this evening and the engine is juddering ALOT, Aswell as once firing cutting out after 10 seconds a couple of times, the rev gauge is not smooth and seems to be jumping up on idle and very unresponsive.

Its a 2010 1.4 tfsi it had its First MOT last month and a full service and everything was fine....

Does anyone have any idea what this could be

HELP!
​
Thanks in Advance Dec

Are you sure you haven't broken the sump (oil pan) which is located underneath the engine due to the car being too low?? my car had the same problem when I broke my oil pan last week due to a raised drain in the road whilst there was road works going on, lucky I stopped the car and found the problem otherwise the whole engine could have got ruined.

it is ridiculously low but it hasn't been moved at all really with the new alloys on! and wouldn't there be a leak from the sump? as i cant see any fluids?

will there be any other tell tell signs if it is that?

thanks

Reactions: Adam88
If it has cracked it then yeah I guess oil will be leaking.. Check your dip stick see if it has oil?

just checked again no fluids and there is oil there its got low fuel but it isn't on a slant, the exhaust also seems to be spluttering?

scan for fault codes

Fuel filter if low fuel coudl be sucking in dirt ???

dont have vag com so cant scan for faults....
fuel is low but not that low still have about 70 miles in the tank,
could it still be the fuel filter?

Thanks again lads

You haven't touched the maf or any connectors have you?

no Nige absolutely nothing,
its literally just cam over night the vehicle wasn't even used today its so out of the blue its unreal!

Cheers dec

Remove battery leg for 10 minutes, then try again, it doesnt make sense if you only did the wheels.

As NHN said, ecu reset seems to be the way forward. Did u have the car running on idle for any amount of time? I do this sometimes when im cleaning my car and its always a sluggish lil bar sterward for the first mile or two. Never had misfiring issues tho

Battery so weak\low the alternator is having a job charging it from such a puny engine? Give it some hoof or put it on a charger.

Reactions: NHN
Guys just a quick update....
local garage thinks it could be the coil pack on a petrol ? is this common
he hasn't had a look at it YET just what he thinks it sounds like

Any idea for the price I should be looking at for the repair

THINKS ?

tell him to scan it if its a pack it will show missfires

yes they are common and easy to fit yourself but buy genuine the gsf euro can and do fail fast
and cost around £40

Reactions: NHN
yea thinks I just had a chat with him over the phone pal!
hasn't actually scanned it yet

cheers bez

VCDS is handy for times like this :)

Reactions: Artimus
i no nige! im going to have to invest it would of helped a lot......
i have however come home to the dreaded oil all over the drive way :'(

im guessing this is BAD news?.....aswell as the rough idle

Oil all over drive, urm its shxt itself, very strange.

Where's it come out from?

literally look like its sh@t itself! lol
possibly the sump....but it just does NOT make sense as it hasn't moved much since putting the wheels on!
if it is the sumps isit an expensive repair ?

I'd be extremely more worried about the fact it was running bad & now its crapped itself, unless you dropped or lowered the car onto the sump, then I just cant see how that's happened.

thats my theory i cant see how it would of happened!!
so nige any idea what you THINK it could be from it juddering,loss of power and now it crapping itself what do you think?
the mechanic is having a butchers tomorrow!
and i cant stop ****** thinking about what it could be lol

TBH mate where did the oil come from, that's the key here.