problem with forge twin take s3

whitex8p

Reaction score
Had this kit fitted over the weekend and i noticed last night that when you rev the engine in neutral and the revs drops just below 1k the car nearly stalls? cold this be a maf issue?

Nearly stalling sounds like it might be a MAF issue, but it should be idling at 800 anyway, so must be quite a drop?

its idles fine its just when you rev it up the the revs drop down it about stalls

Check that you got the MAF in the correct way round when you fitted it as its directional and an easy mistake to make........

Check that you got the MAF in the correct way round when you fitted it as its directional and an easy mistake to make........
surely it can only fit in one way? Going to check the maf later on

If the maf is the correct way round I'd double check the hose on to the turbo is seated correctly and not lifted on one side.

Got to be a leak somewhere one hose must be loose

Yeah that's my thoughts too.
it must be getting unmetered air so you'd think it has a leak after the maf.

The MAF can fit in either way, but one way in it works perfectly, and the other it doesnt work properly and the side affects are generally as you describe. I would also agree with the others that it could be a boost leak. I split a small boost house near the DV and that caused same problems but when i opened the bonnet i could hear it leaking.

One other thing - was the Forge new or not? If its s/hand, is the filter clean? Has it been over oiled as that can causing "breathing" issues.............