• 1 Post By NHN
  • 1 Post By S3_Jacko
  • 1 Post By S3_Jacko
  • 1 Post By Walts2782

Thread: Rotor wheel copies

Neutral

Status

Rotor wheel copies

Chaps, i'm looking for any opinions on these wheels, which are available locally. I can't decide whether to get my existing S3 wheels refurbed or give these a go. I do prefer the original Audi matte finished look, but these are the only ones available here. Now coming round to the idea that this gunmetal finish might look nice on my black S3.

4x18" New TTRS Style Alloys Wheels and Tyres Gun 5x112 AUDI A4 A6 RS4 RS8 RS6 | eBay

Anyone any experience of these specific wheels? I'm interested in whether they're strogn enough to cope with our roads, and whether they're heavier than the genuine Audi wheels.

A full refurb for my wheels would be around £215. Whereby the wheels in the link are available for about £400. I dare say I might get back a fair price for the original Audi wheels........... what to do ?!?! Cheers guys.

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Pics of your wheels would help mate lol.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    I don't see why - I would be looknig at either a full refurb or new wheels.

Neutral

Status
    Another question, they do a 19" version. I could go for these with 35 profile tyres to give the same overall height. Would this upset teh handling at all? I presume a harder ride?

I think i'm inclined to stick with 18s, but interested in your thoughts

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    lol, you ask for opinions on the wheels, but how can we give a complete comparison opinion, if we don't know what's fitted now.

As for hard enough, should be fine, I used to run reps for years & never had an issue, but I run TD's now & tbh had nothing but bloody problems with several cracking for no reason, which considering they're used for kart, rally etc, does make you wonder!!!

Kind of contradicts peoples opinions about rep wheels from my personal experiences lol.

Neutral

Status
    They're just standard S3 18" wheels NHN. I don't have any close ups but here you go :

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Tbh current are nice wheels, but I do find the new rotors in 18's look a bit small at some angles but others look fantastic, however, 18's definitely, the UK roads are unkind these days & you'd need dentures tbh & more expense as they would probably get damaged at some point, also need a cushion for your seat lol.
    davc likes this.

Neutral

Status
    haha, laughing at your comment about the cushion....... I already have one haha - I have an ongoing coccyx problem im trying to deal with

5th Gear

Status
    I personally wouldnt touch anything except oem on a s3, but thats just my opinion on it...
    Jack_tdi likes this.
    Audi history... Brilliant Red 2.0tfsi Quattro, Sprint Blue S3...

2nd Gear

Status
    You can get matt finish rotors which are virtually identical to OEM apart from them being ET45 instead of ET54. Add this to the fact that most replicas are 8" instead of the OEM 7.5" and you get a total offset difference of around -15mm which makes the wheel sit much better in the wheelarch.

Neutral

Status
    Hi nluk100 - could you please point me the right direction of these wheels? Perhaps a link?

I'm not sure what you mean by ET45... sorry.

5th Gear

Status
    ET45 is the offest of the wheel from the hub...
    shinsplint likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3_Jacko View Post
    ET45 is the offest of the wheel from the hub...
    Ah right. Just checked the offset of the wheels in my eBay link... offset 35 ! So these would sit in even further than standard? They'd probably look a little lost...

5th Gear

Status
    Yeah that offset is a little low! Bear in mind this is just my opinion, but i'd honestly try and get oe rims... I had s5 reps years ago on my old A3 and had nothing but issues with them... The price dont get me wrong is appealing, but its a simple case of you get what you pay for...

Neutral

Status
    ok cheers Jacko. Might have to save some pennies... or refurb, which to be fair is probably the sensible choice given that I like the look anyway.

5th Gear

Status
    I was in the same situation as yourself... Had those rims and wasnt sure just to refurb or what, but I saved and just put rotors on my car about a month ago... Glad I did you can source rotors from between £100-£200 each on ebay and just use the tyres you have at the moment

1st Gear

Status
    Might not be of interest to you buddy but there is a set for sale in the classified.

There is a red s line that's getting put back to stock if it's worth you looking.
    NHN likes this.
    Audi A3 S-Line Sportback Black Edition
    White, 2009 2.0d 140bhp.
    DRL's, Xenons, RNSE, Bluetooth,

to do
    Cruise, OEM Parking sensors, footwell lights, ambient light

Neutral

Status
    Are these rotor reps very close to the originals as i was thinking about getting some.I had r32 reps on my golf and they were good but a bit heavier than the OE ones.I'm sure i would sell mt RS4's (OE)

2nd Gear

Status
    Purely personal opinion, but I don't think rotors suit the earlier (pre-facelift) S3. I'd go for a refurb on yours, or maybe some BBS reps? Or how about something second-hand from a member?

Diesel Power!

Status

Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

V-Maxx Coil overs | S3 Rear Spoiler | De Wiperd | TTRS Alloys | S3 Rear Bumper | S3 Side Skirts | Votex Front Spoiler | LED Ring in Fogs | LED Interior Lights | LED Number plate lights | Custom Foot well lights | DPF Removed | Green Cotton P/F | JBS Phase 2 | Pressed Plates | LED Side lights | Custom Rear Light tint | Complete Matt Black Plasti Dip | Honey Comb Front Grill | Silvertec Indicators | BOSE | Sunroof | Forge Short Shift

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Tbh current are nice wheels, but I do find the new rotors in 18's look a bit small at some angles but others look fantastic, however, 18's definitely, the UK roads are unkind these days & you'd need dentures tbh & more expense as they would probably get damaged at some point, also need a cushion for your seat lol.

i was thinking that... Some angles they look fantastic and at others meh! They suit the 8p3 sportback the best probably

Diesel Power!

Status
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

V-Maxx Coil overs | S3 Rear Spoiler | De Wiperd | TTRS Alloys | S3 Rear Bumper | S3 Side Skirts | Votex Front Spoiler | LED Ring in Fogs | LED Interior Lights | LED Number plate lights | Custom Foot well lights | DPF Removed | Green Cotton P/F | JBS Phase 2 | Pressed Plates | LED Side lights | Custom Rear Light tint | Complete Matt Black Plasti Dip | Honey Comb Front Grill | Silvertec Indicators | BOSE | Sunroof | Forge Short Shift

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathaan View Post

whats the setup on that Jon.... Thats looks decent?

Neutral

Status
    Must be 19s on those?

Diesel Power!

Status
    Unsure of offset as its been a while, they are 18" alloys, and as far as i can remember 8" wide.

No spacers or anything in them pics - just old 17" Sport alloys off and these on.
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

Neutral

Status
    Are they Audi wheels Jonathan or just a good copy?

Diesel Power!

Status
    Reps m8. Have got car sat pretty low and i have hit some pot holes which have made a right thud and the wheels have stayed straight and true. They look exactly the same as OEM rotors and i have not been able to compare the weight between my reps and OEM's but they do not weigh much more than my standard OEM 17" alloys.

When i was looking for alloys i saw alot on eBay which had that shiney finish to them as apose to the matt, personally i think the matt is far better.
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

5th Gear

Status
    Do you remember how much that was lowered by?

Neutral

Status
    Cheers mate, looks quality. Have you had a full spray job done too? Looks nice in the matte, or it looks matte on my phone lol?

2nd Gear

Status
    i have rs4 reps and they are 8'' why are reps wider than oem?
    Audi a3 3.2 v6 sport back ,s-line, Dolphin Grey with factory tints, deg sat nav, bose speakers, 18 upgraded alloys, magnaflow exhaust, eibach pro kit springs

Diesel Power!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3_Jacko View Post
    Do you remember how much that was lowered by?
    VMAXX Coil overs, helper spring and adjuster removed on back, and front is just past half way down i think.
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

Diesel Power!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by shinsplint View Post
    Cheers mate, looks quality. Have you had a full spray job done too? Looks nice in the matte, or it looks matte on my phone lol?
    Yeah i resprayed the car not too long ago with plasti dip, yeah it is matte finish lol - cheers (y)
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

Foursprung Duck Technik

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    I've always thought the same myself about Rotors in 18" - they just don't look right IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathaan View Post
    £550 with x4 Kenda Tyres...
    Kendas are total ditch finders mate, I would stay well clear. My S3 came with them and were off the car within 3 days. In cold damp conditions they are shockingly bad.

On the plus side I found out early on how quick the Gen 4 Haldex shifts the power rearwards
    MY'09 S3 Sportback |Gloss Black Mirrors |Buckets |Black Optiks |Open Sky |A good few other bits and bobs

Diesel Power!

Status
    When the weather was nice i carnt say i had any issues, but granted in the damp wet ( dredding snow ) condition it is hard to drive, esspecially with the torque of the car.
    Black Audi A3 8P 2.0TDi

Neutral

Status
    Hmm, wouldnt go for dodgy tyres on the S3, wonder if they can supply with decent tyres. Might call them tomorrow. OEMs would be nice but dont think I can justify the cost.

3rd Gear

Status
    I've never liked mixing different era wheels or different audi makes on the s3/a3. Your wheels are proper so just get them refurbed and call it a day.