S3 Cooling / Radiator Fans issues questions

fuzion

Reaction score
This topic has been covered extensively i do realise, however in the many many, MANY of threads i have there really isn't much information or definitive answer on a few things that i am wanting to know, and if there is i apologise.

Few questions; relating to my 2007.5 S3 8P.

After-off fans - how often does this occur as our climate here in Sydney even after driving in 33 degree heat in traffic on saturday my fans do not stay on after the car is off - ever. Is this normal, or something with the controller, relay, or coolant temp sender?

Engine temp is fine, no issues with airconditioning what so ever either.

I do also notice, A/C on driving on freeway on a 20-25 degree day that my temp sits below 90 degrees which is unusual, or normal?

Coolant temp sender is still factory i assume, has had major service, but not sure if thermostat was done. Car hasn't over heated ever before or caused any cooling issues.

Did get a vagcom error for the fans first time the other day, resetted and hasn't returned so i am very confused.

Any help or direction appreciated as unfortunately its all here-say over here with not much first hand experience.. i dont like the answer of 'replace them' as they work fine, just curious if its module or something else i am missing here.

Temp should be bang on 90 check it with vcds/vag com

Thermostat stuck open mate, cheap part but an alternator out job..

Had the same issue with mine sat on 90 in traffic but dropped as soon as I got moving. Might sort out the fans as well as the engine is letting coolant in before it's warmed up

Thermostat stuck open mate, cheap part but an alternator out job..

Had the same issue with mine sat on 90 in traffic but dropped as soon as I got moving. Might sort out the fans as well as the engine is letting coolant in before it's warmed up

The thing is, it doesn't always drop when moving. Happily sits on 90 degrees also just depends on weather/and driving freeway/city.