Chrome wind mirrors upgrade

slizza786

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm looking to add the chrome look wind mirrors to my 8P A3. The ones recommended for my year (2004) are these:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=330577894280

But personally I prefer these ones even though they are for 2008-2011 models:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=370713703672

Now iv had a look at the shape of my wind mirrors and i got a feeling the ones in the second link would fit, iv attached an image of my wind mirrors to the thread.

What do you guys think? Would it fit?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384076648203.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384076648203.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 244
Wind mirrors?!

Reactions: S3_Jacko, NHN and jphc
As I understand it the later wing mirrors are larger and incorporate the indicator.
So if you want to fit them you will probably need to change the whole assembly.
The one in the first link should fit.

second set won't fit as they are for A3's with side indictors on the wing mirrors as opposed to yours which has them on the wings.

Either set look shxt, don't waste your time or money, as some numnuts will think they're oem originals & will try to nick them.

Reactions: Fanboy and aky20
Don't waste your money on these... my bro got set of these from Germany, obviouly knew not OEM, they look so cheap and ugly to be honest... he didn't use them at all...

Save your money and get S3 8P2 ones... but why would you need one when your standard ones looks absolutely fine, unless you're going to do S3 conversion :)

Potato, potahto, Tomato, tomahto.

Reactions: Brodster and NHN
Side mirrors, now give it a rest please.

Don't waste your money on these... my bro got set of these from Germany, obviouly knew not OEM, they look so cheap and ugly to be honest... he didn't use them at all...

Save your money and get S3 8P2 ones... but why would you need one when your standard ones looks absolutely fine, unless you're going to do S3 conversion :)

Haha yh bro going for the s3 conversion one step at a time. Thanks though appreciate it I'll save up for the oems