How different, how good are 'Audi-style' replica wheels?

a3pigeon

Reaction score
Hello, this might have been discussed previously but I can't find it...

How different, if at all, and how good, reliable etc are the replica 'Audi Style' wheels that are often referred to as the 18" RS4 style wheels?

I would love an original set but can't find them/can't afford them (my budget is about £4-600 with tyres).

Does anyone know any replica brands that are better than others? There seem to be loads out there but I'd only by replicas if they are pretty damn close to the original shape, form, finish and at least acceptably durable.

What about these? And others similar? 18" NEW RS4 SLINE STYLE ALLOY WHEELS AND TYRES AUDI A4 CABRIOLET 5X112 ET35 | eBay

Any advice, insights?

Thanks

Id rather buy bbs ch reps they look too simple in my opinion

Replica wheels have a poor alloy density compared to oem rims... Tried a set of replicas before, they were pretty damn close to the original design and looked good...

However, having them on the car for a while, due to potholes I snapped them 3 times because they are poor quality! 1 needed totally replaced and the other 2 were saved by welding!

IMO... I'd put your pennies away in a jar, just try and be patient and wait for the right set of OEM wheels to come up... Then you will be sure and a lot happier! :)

Yeah, replica wheels are indeed often softer than OEM, but the price differential between them is vast! I can buy 6 replica wheels for the price of 1 OEM - and OEM wheels buckle too!

Just fitted a set of replica rotors to mine and it has improved the ride quality - doesn't crash over pot holes as much now.

You can buy my mint 8P2 speedlines if you want.

Hello, this might have been discussed previously but I can't find it...

How different, if at all, and how good, reliable etc are the replica 'Audi Style' wheels that are often referred to as the 18" RS4 style wheels?

I would love an original set but can't find them/can't afford them (my budget is about £4-600 with tyres).

Does anyone know any replica brands that are better than others? There seem to be loads out there but I'd only by replicas if they are pretty damn close to the original shape, form, finish and at least acceptably durable.

What about these? And others similar? 18" NEW RS4 SLINE STYLE ALLOY WHEELS AND TYRES AUDI A4 CABRIOLET 5X112 ET35 | eBay

Any advice, insights?

Thanks

They look nice. I wouldn't hesitate to get replicas at this price, but the main thing against it is the width and offset is a bit extreme for an A3 so they will sit out much further than the OEM equivalent. This can look good but at ET35 it's quite way further out PLUS a wider rim. Otherwise I'd consider a set for my car, but they reps are better suited/really A4 sizes.

Some reps are decent, a lot of them are junk. I ran a set of R8 reps for a while, ended up bending two of them and cracking a third. They fit well and looked spot on, just had to learn a lesson about running cheap, cast wheels.