EM TuningSky Insurance

Thread: New member

1st Gear

Status

Hello everyone, I'm new here, I have been reading a lot of useful threads over past couple of weeks since purchasing my grey 2005 sportback 2.0 tdi sport 140? It has the half leather and Bose upgrade . I had the same engine in my previous 2008 gt tdi and I must say the engine was a lot quieter than the audi , or maybe the sound proofing may be better in the golfs.

The car has a shaking issue when at idle, sometimes its vague, sometimes its not shaking and it makes no difference whether the clutch is up or down, I've read a number of different things that it could be , the rpm's are stable even when the car shakes which I guess could suggest that it could be mounts. I'm from east London and I'm hoping to find someone localish with vagcom equipment to see if anything shows up .

Anyway the plan is once the fault is fixed it to get it to 235bhp as I did with my golf , also the newer 18/19 inch rotor alloys will be going on to.
    55 plate Audi A3 2.0 tdi 140 sportback

07 plate BMW M5 estate with lots of extra power.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Rarely neutral

Status
    Welcome to ASN.

2nd Gear

Status
    Welcome to ASN, prepare to be poor!!
    Now: Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDi SE - Silver, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Auto Lights/Wipers, Auto Dimming Mirror, Hill Hold Assist.

Before: Audi A3 8P2, 1.9TDi Special Edition, Silver,
    Armrest, MY09 Rear Lights, R32 MK5 Alloy Wheels 18" Gloss Black, Gloss Black Sline Grill, Windows Tinted, Carbon Wrapped Trim, Wind Deflectors, Alarm Beep, LED Interior and Number Plate Lights, Cupra R Splitter, S-Line Springs, footwell lights, S3 Pedals.

2nd Gear

Status
    Poor because of all the ideas of things to do to your car from this forum. Not because of your problem I have no idea about that!
    Now: Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDi SE - Silver, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Auto Lights/Wipers, Auto Dimming Mirror, Hill Hold Assist.

Before: Audi A3 8P2, 1.9TDi Special Edition, Silver,
    Armrest, MY09 Rear Lights, R32 MK5 Alloy Wheels 18" Gloss Black, Gloss Black Sline Grill, Windows Tinted, Carbon Wrapped Trim, Wind Deflectors, Alarm Beep, LED Interior and Number Plate Lights, Cupra R Splitter, S-Line Springs, footwell lights, S3 Pedals.

5th Gear

Status
    PICTURES!
    05, A3 8P 2.0TFSI Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks , yes I'm sure I will be spending more money than I anticipate once I've sorted this problem out I will start doing a few bits to it.

I will posts pics up on the weekend, unfortunately it's dark when I get up and dark when I get home so ive got no chance of taking any pics in the week .

Status
    ​Welcome to audi-sport.net Alex. Where are you located? Any plans for the car? Any pics? Enjoy the forum. x
    Smaller (Local) Events
    Audi-Sport.net online magazine.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP.

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Dave-S3's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_007 View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm new here, I have been reading a lot of useful threads over past couple of weeks since purchasing my grey 2005 sportback 2.0 tdi sport 140? It has the half leather and Bose upgrade . I had the same engine in my previous 2008 gt tdi and I must say the engine was a lot quieter than the audi , or maybe the sound proofing may be better in the golfs.

The car has a shaking issue when at idle, sometimes its vague, sometimes its not shaking and it makes no difference whether the clutch is up or down, I've read a number of different things that it could be , the rpm's are stable even when the car shakes which I guess could suggest that it could be mounts. I'm from east London and I'm hoping to find someone localish with vagcom equipment to see if anything shows up .

Anyway the plan is once the fault is fixed it to get it to 235bhp as I did with my golf , also the newer 18/19 inch rotor alloys will be going on to.
    The Audi will have the older PD engine, the Golf will have been the newer CR engine with a DPF if im correct?

1st Gear

Status
    Hello and thanks , photos will be on the weekend I'm going to replace the wheels with the newer audi rotor alloys and give the car some power upgrades , stage 2 turbo etc .

I think it was just the 170 bhp golfs that had dpf ? im sure mine didn't have one .

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Dave-S3's Instagram Channel
    Hello and thanks , photos will be on the weekend I'm going to replace the wheels with the newer audi rotor alloys and give the car some power upgrades , stage 2 turbo etc .

I think it was just the 170 bhp golfs that had dpf ? im sure mine didn't have one .
    No the later 140's did aswell matey i think, i think you will of had one of those if it was a quieter engine!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-S3 View Post
    No the later 140's did aswell matey i think, i think you will of had one of those if it was a quieter engine!
    Ah I see. There's a lot of different story's , some people say it was a cost option on them but I've no clue , there was a site where you can punch in what car you have and it tells you if it has dpf , mine came up as not having one but I can't remember the blooming site.

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    Ah I see. There's a lot of different story's , some people say it was a cost option on them but I've no clue , there was a site where you can punch in what car you have and it tells you if it has dpf , mine came up as not having one but I can't remember the blooming site.
    could always ring up audi and ask!

tbh the PD engines are more robust than the cr engines, cheaper when things do go wrong, alot more knowledge and tuning available for them too.
    Should have a sticker on the car if it has a dpf

Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sliced View Post
    could always ring up audi and ask!

tbh the PD engines are more robust than the cr engines, cheaper when things do go wrong, alot more knowledge and tuning available for them too.
    Should have a sticker on the car if it has a dpf

Hello cheers

I know the audi doesn't have it for sure

Was talking about my old 2008 golf GT TDI

The engine was a lot smoother and really quiet in the golf but when driving the audi and it's at idle in traffic etc it's so much louder so it doesn't feel as refined . It actually drives me mad sometimes and I have to have the radio on to disguise it.

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    Hello cheers

I know the audi doesn't have it for sure

Was talking about my old 2008 golf GT TDI

The engine was a lot smoother and really quiet in the golf but when driving the audi and it's at idle in traffic etc it's so much louder so it doesn't feel as refined . It actually drives me mad sometimes and I have to have the radio on to disguise it.
    same, i remember our 59 gt tdi- couldn't really tell it was a diesel, then when i got my a3 tdi - it was like a tractor
    but then again the golf was like 4k miles and the a3 was like 130k miles!
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sliced View Post
    same, i remember our 59 gt tdi- couldn't really tell it was a diesel, then when i got my a3 tdi - it was like a tractor
    but then again the golf was like 4k miles and the a3 was like 130k miles!
    yeah my old golf and present audi are on par with mileage so I don't think mileage is to do with it. The golf was effortless to drive to be fair to it but prefer the looks and interior of the audi , more the outside looks anyway.