Upgraded mounts ?

Gfermer

Reaction score
Just wondering at what stage you would need to consider upgrading the engine mount etc?

Just wondering at what stage you would need to consider upgrading the engine mount etc?

I noticed at Stg2+ that there was a bit of a clonking sound changing gear when accelerating hard,and that's a good indicator of the mounts being either worn,or not being up to the job.

Mine were changed for a set of VWR(Vibratechnics) fast road mounts.
Those are pretty hard,but not as nasty as solid mounts,which I'd say are pretty harsh for road use.

The THS mounts are a good choice also.

Thanks yeah I read a few posts that said mounts at stage 2+ stage 3

I noticed at Stg2+ that there was a bit of a clonking sound changing gear when accelerating hard,and that's a good indicator of the mounts being either worn,or not being up to the job.

Mine were changed for a set of VWR(Vibratechnics) fast road mounts.
Those are pretty hard,but not as nasty as solid mounts,which I'd say are pretty harsh for road use.

The THS mounts are a good choice also.

whats the cabin noise like with VWR?

whats the cabin noise like with VWR?

Really not noticeably worse,but there is more transmitted engine vibration as you'd expect,but again nothing awful.

I got THS mounts installed when I was Stage 2 (because I could hear the Milltek banging the bottom of the car on hard upshifts) - slight increase in cabin vibration but absolutely worth it.

My plan is stage 2 at the moment and was looking around and happened to come across revos mount kit, don't hear much people talking about replacing them tho? How many of the engine mounts maybe need replacing ? I might go stage 3 if I have the money so maybe something I should consider

Would that mounting kit do the job? Wantig to do my car proper jjust all the little things like the mounts I am keeping my car long term as I really like it so am a bit fussy with it specially with getting servieced etc lol

My plan is stage 2 at the moment and was looking around and happened to come across revos mount kit, don't hear much people talking about replacing them tho? How many of the engine mounts maybe need replacing ? I might go stage 3 if I have the money so maybe something I should consider

Ideally the lot should be replaced,especially if you have a long term plan for Stg3.

Revo's kit is as good as any out there,and is the same as the BSH kit.

I'm definitely upgrading the knocking I'm getting is quite bad on up shift. Is it just a case of upgrading the mounts or is there other equipment required?

When I say stage 3 I mean shark but I doubt ill manage it next year something ill prob do tho is it a hard job? Time consuming ?

I went with THS top mounts and then a powerflex insert on the bottom mount, rather than replacing it. Well, in fairness I did the powerflex first, then the THS when I was still getting knocking. As Alex says, probably best to do all 3 if you're starting from scratch.

Can't comment on labour time, this was one job I had the garage do for me while it was in for a service.

Thanks ill see what money I have got when the time comes need my clutch and coilovers first before anything