GROUP BUY - REVO PVC REVAMP KIT

Brodster

Reaction score
Website
www.brotek.co.uk
OK guys another group buy for you all from BroTek Enterprises.....lol. I have managed to secure a great discount on the Revo PCV Revamp kit for the 2.0TFSi - S3. These items are in the UK and are the same as the BSH item that is currently on sale on Ebay that comes from America and at £75 plus the postage to wherever you may be, is somewhat cheaper. If you want one then PM me. I shall let this run for a week. Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Revo Steve-W
Right this has only been up for a day and I have 4 already interested with 2 already paid. I will be putting the order in today for these ones so if anyone wants to jump on the list and get it by the end of the week then let me know.

Can you explain the benefits of installing this of the factory PCV.

I believe I am having issues with mine at the moment and looking to replace so this might be just the ticket!

Thanks,
Matt

Reactions: Mgharris2182 and RedDejavu
OK guys the 1st batch of PCV revamp kits have arrived and have been dispatched to those that have paid. I have another 2 remaining out of the 1st six so those that have enquired and not paid yet......if you still want them then PM me for payment details. I will be ordering another box of them so get in touch if you want one.

lol i read through that to try and understand what it does.

I still do not understand. lmao.

Right then youz lot.....the 2nd batch of PCV revamp kits is here so they will be dispatched to those lucky customers that wanted it first thing tomorrow. If anyone else is interested then just PM me and I shall get another batch of them ordered.

Here we go again. 3rd batch of PCV Revamp kits are going to be ordered soon due to more interest in them. PM me for payment details and more info. Cheers.

Below is a pic of my S3 with the revamp kit fitted. Takes all of 5 mins to fit and IMO the car is smoother to drive.

Reactions: s3_trev
Just got word back from Revo that there are none of these PCV revamp kits in the UK............massive back order has been in for a week so everyone that wants these then there is going to be a 2-3 week lead time before they are available. I have ordered 5 from them so my order is safe so if anyone would like one then please feel free to PM for payment info.

Just thought I would update and inform everyone that there is going to be a slight time delay. I hope this is acceptable to those that have paid so far.

lol i read through that to try and understand what it does.

I still do not understand. lmao.

Yeah, I not 100% on it either :) Where do the oily fumes that used to go into the intake now go after fitting this ?

Having read the first post again, and the next 30-odd pages as well, this seems to be the story -
The standard front PCV check valve can allow some boost from the intake manifold to bleed back into the engine crankcase causing poorer mileage, a rougher idle, and oil being blown out of the oil cap. This is made worse with higher boost levels from a remap. The kit eliminates the front PCV that goes to the intake manifold and instead routes everything through the rear PCV which goes to the intake pipe between the air filter and the turbo compressor wheel (possibly after the MAF but not sure).

To answer my previous question the oil fumes still enter the combustion chamber as usual, just by a different, longer route through the turbo compressor, then intercooler, then the intake manifold. So a catch can system is still required if you want to stop that happening.

The guy at BSH who makes these calls this a Stage 1, and adding a catch can system as Stage 2 -
"The Stage 1 setup deals with the performance issues that are caused by a loss of boost.
The stage 2 takes this a step further by accumulating all of the oil that is passed through naturally by the PCV.
Oil is bad for the internals of the motor and bad for performance as it lowers the flash point of the gasoline being sprayed in (makes it more likely to detonate early)."
Also - "Stage 1 addresses the issue of people who chip their car and push 20+ psi of boost and blow that flimsy little plastic check valve in the PCV."

Sounds like this PCV revamp kit would be a good idea for anyone running Revo Stage 2+ or Shark 3 which are around 20psi.

Interesting comments on maintenance -
"The piece is likely just going to have some oil residue on the back of it after some prolonged used. The OEM gasket will keep it all self contained, though, so it won't be blowing oil vapor all over the engine like people were experiencing with early stock PCV setups.
Just remove it and clean it off with some sort of lint-free rag or towel (so no fibers are introduced into the engine when you reinstall it) and then screw it back into place.

Q. How often would we have to clean the stage 1 set up ?
A. If your good about changing your oil then likely never, but if you go to long without a change then a quick once over to make sure there is no buildup isn't a bad idea."

Reactions: s3_trev, Bagley-S3, Brodster and 2 others
Yes this revamp does not negate the need for a catch can as all its doing is removing the front PCV....well thats what I got out of it anyway as thats where all the problems were happening.

I'd put it down to the placebo effect but I must say mine "feels" smoother after fitting the kit, and the stutter on cold startup I used to get is completely gone now too. Very happy with mine.

I've sent the funds mate.

What is the blanker cap made from that goes on the inlet manifold and how does it fix on?

I have a Turbo Smart dv on atm and have a metal spacer in between the manifold take off and breather pipe
which is where I get the vacuum from for a mechanical dv. Its just the take of for the breather pipe on my spacer is
shorter then that on the manifold. So if it doesn't fit on my spacer but is made from Metal/Alloy I should be able
to still drill and tap it to insert a vacuum take off.

Thanks Craig

The blanking cap is made of alloy by the looks of things mate and its held on by 3 small grub screws that grip on just behine the flange at the tip of the pipe. You need to send me your name and address mate as Paypal didn't show it. Cheers

Reactions: Bagley-S3
[h=5]OK youz lot.....the group buy for both the PCV revamp kit and the DV+valve will close at the end of the week. If you havent already paid then you have until Friday to do it so I can get the number in and finalised and punted off to the suppliers. The CTS Turbo intake group buy is going to be closed at the same time too as this gives me enough time to get the order over to the US and get it back in time for Xmas. To the many that have paid already....thanks very much and the latest update is everything is on time and no delays are expected. Ta very much. Mark[/h]

The GFB DV+ valves are now here so I shall get them dispatched to those that have paid tomorrow.....quality piece of engineering by what I've seen so far. Will get mine fitted tomorrow.

ETA for the PCV revamp kits is mid next week according to the supplier.

The GFB DV+ valves are now here so I shall get them dispatched to those that have paid tomorrow.....quality piece of engineering by what I've seen so far. Will get mine fitted tomorrow.

ETA for the PCV revamp kits is mid next week according to the supplier.

It will be interesting to hear your thoughts about the DV+. I assume a that they will be the revised valves with the black plunger and uprated plunger spring part number T9351. Make sure that you lube the piston, some people have been ignoring the piston and oiling the plunger instead!!

Have just been on the phone to my supplier (Revo) and contrary to popular believe they had given me duff gen about the delivery status of the latest revamp kits. They were supposed to be dispatched by them to all their customers including me last Wednesday but someone forgot to pass this info down as the kits havent been received by Revo yet. They now reckon mid next week so all I can do is apologise to my customers who are waiting for their kits. There are none of these in the UK at this time as I asked if they could acquire from elsewhere but there is nil stock in the UK. I will update again when necessary.

Right latest update as just off the phone to Revo. The UK order for these valves that have been earmarked to Revo are now apparently on their way. So everyone that has placed an order....fingers crossed they will be here shortly. Thank you for your continued patience.

Sweet car is going in to Garage at end of feb/march so long as I get mine before then happy days :)

i was just going to ask if i could still purchase one of these kits? but wheres your banner gone :/ or am i going crazy

Hi mate I have asked the question to CTS Turbo and they cannot see any reason why the catch can cannot be fitted to the rear PCV as its going to be doing exactly the same thing. It will just have to be located in a different position. If anyone wants to answer this then please feel free as afew people maybe ordering this catch can to go to the rear item.

I think I'll be up for one of these when you do the next group buy.
I'm assuming my 10 plate S3 won't have the check valve in the rear pcv which chatters when the blank is fitted?

I don't know much I've had a read of it all but wondering is the catch can needed aswell or can the pcv revamp just be fitted ? Please excuse my lack of knowledge on it I know the catch can is catching the oil but it says something about you can clean the revamp kit though a certain area ? That already catches the oil

Right guys. Hot off the press today. Phone call from Revo Steve to say that the PCV revamp kits have been received and are now on their way to me. Slight customs delay this week. Will get them out to you guys ASAP.

Thanks for the update Mark and also replying to my many pm's.

As you'll of worked out patience isn't my strong point, although you replied to all my pm's.
Thank you

Reactions: Brodster
Im expecting the PCV delete kit in the next few days. Ordered it through my REVO dealer. I must admit though that I thought it done the same thing as a catch can. Im wondering now to myself if I should just have ordered the catch can, or if there is merit to having both..