AH FabricationsBadger5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: GROUP BUY - REVO PVC REVAMP KIT

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    The Revo PCV Revamp kits have been received @ BroTek HQ, are now all packaged up and will be at the Post Office mid afternoon for 1st class delivery so you should get them tomorrow. What a delay thats been but we got there in the end.

I have asked the question to many tuners s3_trev about the catch cans and also to CTS Turbo who make a top notch catch can system which I will be bolting to my S3 shortly. Does the catch can remove the need for the front PCV delete??........as no-one got back to me I fitted the delete kit anyway as its a relatively cheap mod to do but I think it does looking at what is contained in the CTS Turbo catch can kit and at photos of it.
    s3_trev likes this.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status

GROUP BUY - REVO PVC REVAMP KIT

On previous cars I've had a catch can and found it an absolute pain in the ar$e.
    When hot and idling I always had a hot oily smell and it needed emptying every 400 miles. At the start I enjoyed it but got fed up of doing it within weeks.
    That's why I've opted for the delete as it does away with the need for a catch can and the engine just uses the rear pcv.

Meant to say Mark thanks for the quick turnaround.
    s3_trev likes this.
    IBIS WHITE S3
    Revo stage 2+ and loving it

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    I have asked the question to many tuners s3_trev about the catch cans and also to CTS Turbo who make a top notch catch can system which I will be bolting to my S3 shortly. Does the catch can remove the need for the front PCV delete??........as no-one got back to me I fitted the delete kit anyway as its a relatively cheap mod to do but I think it does looking at what is contained in the CTS Turbo catch can kit and at photos of it.
    Hmm ok thanks for asking that question dude. I will wait and install the PCV revamp then go from there...

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    On previous cars I've had a catch can and found it an absolute pain in the ar$e.
    When hot and idling I always had a hot oily smell and it needed emptying every 400 miles. At the start I enjoyed it but got fed up of doing it within weeks.
    That's why I've opted for the delete as it does away with the need for a catch can and the engine just uses the rear pcv.
    Yeah me and my bro were talking about this today actually as he has done it to cars before, and he did mention the smell aspect.

Audi S3 8P3 / REVO Stage 1 / REVO Ceramic Intake / NGK Iridium Spark Plugs / LOBA HPFP / Philips Diamond Vision 5000k Fog Light Bulbs /
    KW V3 Coilovers / Team HEKO Wind Deflectors / Bridgestone Potenza S001 92Y Tyres / Complete LED Bulb Conversion (int' + ext') / Ashtray Delete /
    TTS Engine Cover / Alpine 928r Multimedia Station (8in screen) with integrated Bluetooth, Sat Nav etc / Ross-Tech VCDS Owner.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3_trev View Post
    Im expecting the PCV delete kit in the next few days. Ordered it through my REVO dealer. I must admit though that I thought it done the same thing as a catch can. Im wondering now to myself if I should just have ordered the catch can, or if there is merit to having both..
    You cannot have both as the engine plate with the catch can kit is different to the delete kit plate.

3rd Gear

Status

GROUP BUY - REVO PVC REVAMP KIT

Mines arrived this morning.
    Thanks

Now fitted.
    I forgot how tight the breather pipe was to click on!!!
    Last edited by Marshy; 15th February 2014 at 11:02.
    IBIS WHITE S3
    Revo stage 2+ and loving it

Neutral

Status
    Thanks, Received today, cheers for the 1st class postage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12