What's the next step.....

tally2425

Reaction score
My car: Audi A3 2.0 FSI Sport (2004/2005)

Well i'm getting the P2279 code and it says intake air system leak.

I've replaced both the black pipes that come from the rocker cover and removed the code but still getting it, what other pipes could it be? anyone had this problem before?

I have no idea what pipe it could be if anyone has any information on working out which pipe it could be or even point out the possible pipes it would be great. It might not be a pipe i've been reading it could be the PCV valve or something? but if you guys could have your input it would be great!

Last edited:
On which engine, year etc, would help your request for advice.

also i've noticed that it does seem to judder a little from time to time, which is making me think it's something to do with the PCV, anyone else had this problem?

Sorry about the mad posts but i think it may possibly be the PCV but just want to know if it's safe to drive like this for a bit as it doesn't seem to affect the car that much but will it do much damage driving it like this?

UPDATE: tried to open the oil cap whilst the engine was running and was fairly simple to get off and i could feel the air coming out of the engine is this good?