What steering wheel for A3 3.2 V6, Reg 2004? S Line, S3 or S3 Flat Bottom? Thanks

Fanboy

An Audi Fanboy
Reaction score
Hi

My first mod for my new A3 3.2 V6 is to change that ugly steering wheel to something sporty...

I quite like the new S3s flat bottom steering wheels but were unsure whether it would fit or not? Did search the forum but couldn't find anything in regards to steering wheels in particular! So I appreciate any help from you guys!

The flat bottom ones goes for about 500 quid on eBay, the S line ones goes for around 250 quid and other s line standard ones goes for less than 200 quid, now I'm not particularly concerned about the cost and my only concern is whether it would fit or not and whether there is any part number for it...

Here is what's on currently! Absolutely hate it...

IMG_00520.jpg

Also does multifunction steering wheels fit the non-multifunction steering wheels at all?

Here is a link to eBay, could you please have a look and tell me which ones would fit as there isn't any part number!

audi a3 s line s3 steering | eBay

Cheers

Picture you put up isnt working. Is your car a 3 or 5 door? As a 2004 I'm guessing a 3 door which would mean it has the old 4 spoke single stage airbag version wheel, which can't be changed to the flat bottom as the newer wheels all use dual stage airbags... Physically the wheel will go on and work steering without errors but there is no guarantee that the airbag will fire when you need it to

He has the old 3 spoke single stage the same as me. I'd love a flat bottom wheel also.

Cool how about s line ones? And what reg to look for, Cheers

This isn't true anymore.

WOW!!! How!!! Are you serious....

I'm looking forward to know who could probably do this job, so I could grab myself one of those nice flat bottom ones...

Also what's the difference between S3s flat bottoms and NEW S line flat bottoms?

Also what part number should be looking at?!

Cheers :)

Excellent! So if I track down the wheel and bag I want can you fit it?

I have a mint condition TTS FBMFSW for sale with airbag. PM me if you're interested.

I need one with paddles, also I want the chunky one.

Jason if you found one let me know n vice-versa ... Already PMed NHN but no reply yet...

Are you considering to you s3 conversion for your as we'll???

I have a mint condition TTS FBMFSW for sale with airbag. PM me if you're interested.

Your inbox is full can't send any message to you!!! Who else did you say to email ?!? Cheers

Which steering wheels can you fit to 3 doors with single stage airbags now then ?

Which steering wheels can you fit to 3 doors with single stage airbags now then ?

I bought one today for 250, basically all of them are the same and audi changed it on their cars from reg 2005, so still many of 2005 may still have single stage airbag... What I bought is from a tts black edition with no airbag, I'll get the airbag and fitting done by NHN, Nigel...

Already spoke to him about steering wheels and all of them works, but you need to make sure you buy it for the right transmission...

There are plenty non-airbag ones out there on eBay for about 250 but with no-multifunction ... I got mine a bit cheap...

I'll post some pics of mine tonight... It's for manual and has multifunction which needs airbag and module for multifunction to work...

Hope it helped :)

I bought one today for 250, basically all of them are the same and audi changed it on their cars from reg 2005, so still many of 2005 may still have single stage airbag... What I bought is from a tts black edition with no airbag, I'll get the airbag and fitting done by NHN, Nigel...

Already spoke to him about steering wheels and all of them works, but you need to make sure you buy it for the right transmission...

There are plenty non-airbag ones out there on eBay for about 250 but with no-multifunction ... I got mine a bit cheap...

I'll post some pics of mine tonight... It's for manual and has multifunction which needs airbag and module for multifunction to work...

Hope it helped :)

Slightly incorrect about what I said fella.

All mfsw will work with the correct parts fitted & coded, however airbag systems may not fire, although the airbag module will see everything connected ok, nobody can offer 100% guarantee of this anyway as cars are not fitted with sensors encompassing the car, only certain points have sensors to advise when to ignite.

All 05 8P onwards A3 cars have dual stage airbag steering wheels.

Slightly incorrect about what I said fella.

All mfsw will work with the correct parts fitted & coded, however airbag systems may not fire, although the airbag module will see everything connected ok, nobody can offer 100% guarantee of this anyway as cars are not fitted with sensors encompassing the car, only certain points have sensors to advise when to ignite.

All 05 8P onwards A3 cars have dual stage airbag steering wheels.

Yes sure mate! True!
I've got one today and surely will get this done by you mate... I'll post some pics later mate :)

Also I've bought a s3 tailgate of which I could use the spoiler for my conversion, so if you could scrap the spoiler from the order list I sent u earlier this week! Lol

When should I be expecting for your quote mate... No rush as I'm trying to buy as many used parts as possible so I could save some...
Thanks

Jason if you found one let me know n vice-versa ... Already PMed NHN but no reply yet...

Are you considering to you s3 conversion for your as we'll???

I have had a reply, just waiting for a price.

I have no intentions to make it look an s3, I'm after the vortex kit.

I'm also interested in this, would a new steering control module be needed? what model numbers should we look for?