Well my battery failed today and the "Yellow oil light warning" appeared

ccx295

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well my battery failed to start the car today ( :angry: going off VW's fast haha) and the yellow oil light appeared again during the failed start!? anyideas why?
I managed to start it after a few goes and the light stayed on until I open and closed the bonnet, didn't come back on during the drive home.
Could it be because of the battery failure?
RAC are coming out now to replace my battery now.

since replacing the pickup pipe on Friday I have done over 100miles and no problem until the battery failed.
The oil level is fine.

Thanks
Mac

UPDATE:

RAC have replaced the battery, it was only working at 25%.

The oil level is fine (in the middle) the light is off now.

I have been on a small drive since and no light so far.

I assume if there was a problem with the level or sensor it would come back on?

Its an audi fella not a VW :p

Also batteries are only officially rated for 4-5 years, is yours within this or older, they can go anytime so its not exactly the cars fault tbh, more to be with possibly age & usage, its quite possible to throw lights up when power is low, so now new battery is in, see how it goes, if warning reappears then change the sensor.

Thanks for the reply, Yeah I understand its not the car, its just annoying!

Yeah hopefully its just the battery which caused the warning light to come on and that its not a coincidence I had the pickup pipe replaced the other day.

haha I submitted the thread whilst they were here. They only took 45ish mins to come though, not too bad.

haha I submitted the thread whilst they were here. They only took 45ish mins to come though, not too bad.

the Rac is quick every time my van breaks down ,my battery is 8 years old I am just waiting for it not to start

When the battery is dying it normally throws up warning lights as it's happened to me before as long as the oil is fine with the new battery it shouldn't come Back on again :)