where can i get this hydraulic brake pipe pics inside

Reaction score
SAM 0141

i need some urgent help please ive only broke a brake pipe on my a3 2.0 tdi, when i was changing over my calipers and hoses on my passenger side (ns),
i was undoing a nut that had a pipe coming from it (pics below)that fed into the arch, on further inspection ive found out that it goes to the abs block (hydraulic block) which is situated just behind and under the battery, you can undo the pipe by a nut on the block and replace it but god knows what part number it is and even what is called, or where i can even get it from. please can anybody assist me

ive switched the engine on and on my cluster its telling me theres a brake leak etc warning warning, and this means i carnt drive my car until i get it fixed now which has messed everythink up, if anybody knows what its called or what part number it is or where i can buy it from it will be very much appreciated,
SAM 0145

SAM 0146

and by the way i attached a bit white plastic bag to the pipe which you can see in pics to use as a guide, thats the one that needs a replacement

I think you have only 2 options.

1. Get the pipe from a scrap car
2. Go to the dealers and explain/ point out the part you need

Sorry
Phil

or all you need to do is get a length of new pipe and a flaring tool and repair what is their

bring the old pipe to a motorfactors that can make you a copy of the old one. doesnt have to be exact as copper is pretty handy to bend etc. phone first though and make sure they do it.

omg im just abit mortified right now about it reality has sunk in and no car!!!, if i carnt buy a brand new one im going to have to get it repaired, if i undo the broken brake pipe hose(line) what type of shop could fix it? and what sort of price are we talking

sub tenner Id imagine. halfords sell the parts if you can catch them before they close (well my local halfords has them anyway). But they cant make them up. you need someone with a flaring tool to flare the ends.

hiya all good news is i have just literally got in, just got the replacement part off another audi a3 2.0 tdi breaking for £10 which is good news, it was like trying to find hens teeth,i will have it fitted in the morning sometime thank god for that,:rockwoot:it took alot of phoning around visiting audi breakers etc but in the end i was making sure i was getting one today,

Now you'll need to change the brake fluid and bleed the whole system to make sure you have no air in the rest of the system as you started it up with a major leak the abs pump could well be empty or full of air

You may well need someone with VCDS to activate the abs pump but at the least it'll need a pressure or suction bleed kit, they are not as easy as older generation braking systems (2 person method)

Good luck!

will the abs pump not only empty if it was activated while dry? master cylinder may need bled unless the OP jammed the brake pedal on prior to the work.

fun times ahead :)

Gravity.

The air will rise into the pump as the fluid leaks out, that will 99.9% need the abs pump bleeding.

omg guys i thought it was going to be a quick fix theres always something else, ive fitted the metal brake pipe all went good ive jumped into the car turned the ignition on brake warning still on there:sob: ive pressed the brake peddle multiple times still not working,if i keep tapping the brake pedal quickly it will build up and be stiff but a second later it just goes floppy and goes all the way in, so ive got no brakes so no car still:shrug: how do i bleed these brakes please people, and is it normal dot 4 brake fluid? i need to buy, i just need to get the car back on the road asap if anybody could give me some tips that would be much appreciatedd:beerchug:

Seriously no offence but leave well alone if if all you've done is replaced the pipe and think it'll all work fine

They need bleeding by someone who knows what they are doing... Get a mobile mechanic out

Brakes are far too important, you'll end up killing someone if they are not done correctly

I applaud you for giving it a go, but if your unsure, and I only assume this as your asking for help, please get a mechanic