Got unfortunate speeding ticket need advice

TDI140

Reaction score
I got caught doing 49mph in a 30zone what will happen ? Will i get a ticket and 3 points or a driving ban ? If i get a driving ban ill cry, it was just a unfortunate speeding offence i rarely speed

Court summonings, plead guilty by post and get 6 points and approx £300 fine although that was at 51mph in a 30.

youll more than likely get 3 points and £60

Reactions: TDI140
dependant on the situation (time/location etc), you could just get an AA speed awareness course (if you haven't previously done one in the last 3 yrs), wait a few days and dread any mail you receive

2 years ago I got done for 53 in a 30 , 3 pts 60 fine. I thought it was a 40 on this dual carriageway, traffic police with a speed gun. No issues with them had a bit of banter then off on my way. Just one of those things . If you speed be prepared to be caught. Everyone does it to some degree.

Mine was single road on a sunday about 11am 27th october

On the up side i bought myself an audi s3 intercooler lol

Reactions: RobbieWebs
2 years ago I got done for 53 in a 30 , 3 pts 60 fine. I thought it was a 40 on this dual carriageway, traffic police with a speed gun. No issues with them had a bit of banter then off on my way. Just one of those things . If you speed be prepared to be caught. Everyone does it to some degree.

Very similar situation with me 52mph in 30... Coming from a 50 into a 30 they were hiding in a bustop with their gun... Anyway dragged off to court... 3 points £150 fine.... Judge was a pr|ck....!

Reactions: RobbieWebs
Think you'll find the minimum fine is now £100.... Actually I know it is :sob:

Reactions: davesimmo
I was caught doing 83 in a 50 zone and received 6 points and £250 fine!!

i only owned the car for 8 mins. I was on the way home from picking it up from the dealer

Im happy with paying the fine and 3 points just hope i lts not a ban because ill be fitting parts to a car that has to be parked up and i cant drive then

I've just received 3 points and £100 fine for being caught doing 85mph in a 70mph zone. I believe anything over 15mph could easily be 6 points.

Your off to prison mate.

Reactions: irmscher, Sevastos, TDI140 and 2 others
June 2010 - 49 in 30, clocked me on the exit of a roundabout from 500 yards (*redface*) fortunately I kept it under 50!

3 points, £60 and a 7 day wonder for driving an old car (L reg Corrado)

mjcp

Plead guilty straight away always lenient that way and get a written letter from ur work if u need ur license for work always helps.

A got caught doing 98mph in a 70 zone in my focus st taken to court pleaded guilty 5 points and £300 fine, l already had 6points so a was expecting a ban, lucky just to get 5 points.

Thanks guys reasured me that i will still drive my car thank god

Im to good looking for prison lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383513352037687 apply this generously before you go in mate ;-)

Reactions: Brodster, Sidhu88, flying oyster and 1 other person
So up to how many points are you allowed and what gets you ban if speeding...

Could someone explain this please?!

Passed red light once and was about to get 3 points but was honest saying I could stop and I'm sorry, so got away with it and nothing happened, since then don't even pass yellow nor speeding!!!

Haha

Sent the letter off see what happens now lol

Got caught doing 37 in a 30..... Choice was between 3 points and a fine or do a "driving awareness course". Course cost me £100 but at least I didn't get any points.

some force areas are more lenient, its not "double the limit gets you banned" but usually 30mph over

there's often a threshold for the speed awareness course, I believe now its 42mph if in a 30 limit except for exceptional circumstances, the fine is indeed now £100 but it should only be 3 points

my brother got one last month for 44mph in a 30, £100 and 3 points

Reactions: mike foster
The dreaded correspondence arrived. Caught by a mobile camera doing 66 in a 50 limit. 3 points and £100.

I got pulled doing 59 in a 30 only weeks after getting my car! I actually pulled out in front of a police car without realising (late at night so could only see the car's headlights) and accelerated quite fast then let off the accelerator once up to speed with the intention of going back down to 30mph with the rest of the traffic. It was only once I started slowing down that they lit me up and pulled me over (they thought I had spotted them and was slowing down in response).

I was very apologetic and fortunately they had bigger things to deal with (they were on the lookout for burglars spotted in the area).

They told me I'd usually be looking at a court summons on any other day. I'm grateful it was the regular plod that pulled me over and not the traffic police though as their exact words were "You're lucky we're not Traffic as they're ruthless, they'd give their own grandmother a ticket!"

I have been very conscious of my speed ever since then.

Reactions: voorhees and sliced
Let's all face it, we all know what the speed limits are for, whether we like it or not they are legally enforceable no matter what we may think of conditions, weather, etc. I live in Notts so am surrounded by every camera going anyway, its kinda like not if I get a ticket but more like when​ I will get one. LOL

Let's all face it, we all know what the speed limits are for, whether we like it or not they are legally enforceable no matter what we may think of conditions, weather, etc. I live in Notts so am surrounded by every camera going anyway, its kinda like not if I get a ticket but more like when​ I will get one. LOL

I drove via notts the other day, my god the place is full of cameras. Never driven so slow in my life.

I drove via notts the other day, my god the place is full of cameras. Never driven so slow in my life.
LOL, its a ******' nightmare. Most of the Ring Road is SPECS of 30 or 40 mph. They love camera vans and camp all over the place. This is really one of the main reasons I had my DSG remapped, seriously. Nothing more annoying than a car trying to stay in 6th at 30 mph.

people say "30 feels too slow" so imagine how they feel in a 20, but then they completely overlook why its only a 30 or a 20, they might be able to see a mile down the road, but who's gonna pull out of a tiny fairly blind side road rightfully expecting oncoming cars to only be doing 20

there really is no justifiable excuse for going beyond the speed limit, and at some point we ALL do it/have done it, even if by 2 or 3mph, but a track day costs the same as a speeding fine, and you can go as fast as you like

Got caught in July this year doing 42mph in a 30mph by a traffic cop with a hand gun thingy.

In my defence it was on a stretch of road that goes from a 40 to a 30 and is down a slight hill, so I usually take it out of gear and coast down to 30 instead of braking. Could hardly see him when I entered the 30 as he was in a little side street which is covered by a few trees at the side of the road. Still my own fault mind and he was sound with me, although he didn't believe my A3 was my car in my name and my insurance (I look about 12 even though I'm 21) so made sure he double checked that even though I had all the docs on me.

Got offered the driving course, forgot to book it in the time allocated so had to take the 3 points and £60 fine.