Car not starting when warm? 2.0 FSI 2004

Leeseager

Reaction score
Hello guys, i'm new to this forum and i hope someone can help me.

My car isn 't starting when it is warm at 90 degrees. It is fine on a cold start, i've had the cam sensor replaced as it came up on VAG COM testing, but after that it still came up after being cleared, replaced it with another new sensor but is still coming up on diagnostic. The car also feels lump and unsteady when idling.. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

My car isn 't starting when it is warm at 90 degrees. It is fine on a cold start, i've had the cam sensor replaced as it came up on VAG COM testing, but after that it still came up after being cleared, replaced it with another new sensor but is still coming up on diagnostic. The car also feels lump and unsteady when idling.. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Coolant temp sensor or maybe a bad starter motor dependant on year

Coolant temp sensor or maybe a bad starter motor dependant on year

have you had this problem before? My car is 2004 model, think the starter motor is fine.

anybody else that can help?

Bump

The same thing happened with my TT. I changed the coolant temp sensor, found a genuine part on eBay or £10, changed it myself, and been perfect ever since. I know its not the same car/motor etc. But worth a try.

The same thing happened with my TT. I changed the coolant temp sensor, found a genuine part on eBay or £10, changed it myself, and been perfect ever since. I know its not the same car/motor etc. But worth a try.

You have exact same happen? Car is completely fine and drives perfectly cold but doesn't start at all when hot?

Yep. Drained the battery flat trying to start it when I went to Morrison's. Lol. Was embarrassing... walked home, called the AA, walked back the car a while later... the car was cold, and started first time. Read on a forum somewhere that the car under fuels when it thinks its cold, or something like that. Ordered the part. Took me 5 minutes to fit it. And its been fine ever since.