Help - Stereo wiring problems

motorsportdays

Reaction score
Hi All,

As you might have seen from another thread I am fitting a new Pioneer Da110 into my 2005 audi a3.

I have had some iso wire troubles but now managed to get the right one with bose.

But I have just connected it and the steroe doesn't come on. I did notice of the 3 wires from the car to the stereo (I assume power and earth) there is a skinny brown wire not doing anything.

Cany anypne help?

Cheers

Cheers guys,

Ok, I have decided to bring in an expert to finish off the job. It turns outthat it needs a separate ignition feed and wire for the illumination.

It's been a painful and expensive process but fingers crossed it should be intomorrow afternoon.

Cheers

Yes, the standard stereo only has a permanent (i.e. not ignition/accesory switched) feed because the other information is fed to the stereo via Can Bus - the ignition, speed and illumination signals all come into the unit via canbus rather than separate wires as in the old school of car stereos. You can use a Can Bus interface - or run a separate wire from the fuse box. This is all covered on here in various topics if you know what you're searching for :)

You would have saved yourself all this hassle if you got one of those connects2 leads that I recommended on the other thread. The auto leads wires often require a lot of work to get basic functions working.

Ok, want to scream.....

Stereo fitted by a local company but now when the lights come on (as it's wired into the illumination) there is a buzz noise. Also the Radio doesn't work but he said I have the wrong lead.

Apparently I need a new:
ISO Adapter PC90 for the aerial - Can't find it online anywhere
AUDI Bose Interface kit to stop interference.

WTF, this is one painful experience.

Can anyone help, again! Or anyone near Tonbridge area?

Cheers

i dont mean to be patronising but again this is a result of the harness kit you bought. I live just outside of Dartford but am currently at work in East London. if you get the correct harness i can sort it all for you

Ash your certainly patronising, I just like to make sure I spend as much money as possible fitting the wrong thing and having it done twenty times before its sorted! :sadlike:

Anywa, that sounds like an offer, but sorry to waste your time again but what lead do I need?

Thanks again

that lead should work for connecting the radio aerial to the stereo but you will never get as clear radio signal with after market stereos as you will with the original audi ones as the Audi one uses 2 aerials.

and i dont mean to be patronising but when i say "this works" i usually say it because i have tried and tested them and am confident enough to advise that to others.

what year car do you have?

for cars from 2003 - 2007ish (iso connector) - AUDI A3 A4 TT Steering Control Adaptor Phone Button Support CTSAD003.2 Pioneer | eBay

for later cars (quadlock connectors) - AUDI A3 A4 TT Steering Control Adaptor Phone Button Support CTSAD002.2 Pioneer | eBay

Thanks Ash,

I have a 2005 TFSI, my car doesn't have steering wheel buttons though.

I think I had that lead or similar and sent it back as the speakerblock didn't fit but that looks better. It depends on the steering wheel bits I guess.

I'm happy to try anything and if you are free one saturday to help I would appreciate it.

A 2005 will use the Iso connectors so the ones that I have listed for 2003-2007.
although you don't have the steering wheel it will still connect up everything the way it should be and leave you with the ability to upgrade to the steering wheel and indeed a reverse camera as all the wires are present in that loom. You also do not need to run any extra wires to the ignition and from my own experience you shouldn't have any buzzing issues with bose

Hi Ash,

i just disconnected the illumiation wire and it still buzzes when you turn the lights on so some interference somewhere.

so this lead you suggest should get rid of this right? I just don't fancy spending another 50 notes

cheers

I'm gonna jump in on this thread as Ash seems to know what he's talking about, I've just bought a second hand Audi Concert stereo, which came from a 2006 Audi A4, and have fitted it to my 2001 S3. The main functions all work fine, but the buttons don't light up when the car's lights are on, and the radio station/track number doesn't appear in the instrument cluster readout, and you have to turn the stereo off (it doesn't turn off when ignition is off) What wiring/adapter/leads do I need?