Strange tyre wear - any idea?

actionslax

Reaction score
got this strange wear on my OSF tyre. I've had the wheels aligned about 6 months ago but that hasn't really helped. I imagine pot holes or crap roads have maybe knocked the slignment out but wondering if it is someting else.
I now need to get new fricken tyres as the fronts are badly worn.

Attachments

• tyre.jpg
    tyre.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 177
9 times out of 10 its due to your tracking or unless the wheel is warped and is that the only side its wearing on like that?

Wear on both outer edges is usually a sign the tyre is under inflated... Put some Air in it. :)

Reactions: batch and MartayMcFly
The drivers side is worn too - out and in but the OSF is particularly bad on the inside. It's like a flat ridge has appeared that's slowing balding the inner wall.

A3's need high pressures. The amount varies from spec to spec, So check your sticker either inside the filler flap or on the drivers door end

Definitely looks like under-inflation. The tyres also look a bit stretched... might just be the angle?

under inflation. If theres a lot more on one side of the tyre than the other could also be a tracking issue.

I'm with most of the others on this, normally if the tyre is wearing down on each side its under inflated. Hopefully thats the case as its a nice easy fix