EGR Delete Pipe Issues

jongd1i

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has seen these issues before but I have recently installed the Allard delete pipe to take out the EGR Valve as I was having a lot of issues with idle and black smoke.

I thought I had installed it perfectly but seem to have lost power, the car is revving but going no where, I can hear the turbo spinning up.

I have checked everything again as per the instructions and all seems pretty good. I am yet to make the VAGCOM changes but didnt think this would impact performance at all just the error on the dash.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

You'll need to get a remap to delete the EGR, it can't simply be taken off without problems and VCDS (vagcom) will not help, it can't be used to delete the EGR. But will read the error codes and reset them when you sort out the problem.

It's more than likely gone into limp mode, only a scan can help

Which engine is it? Did my delete with the Allard kit and went on all fine etc....the car ran perfect afterwards just the light on the dash that I had mapped out

Which engine is it? Did my delete with the Allard kit and went on all fine etc....the car ran perfect afterwards just the light on the dash that I had mapped out

Turns out the pipe at the bottom had somehow been knocked out, not quite sure how as it was clipped in correctly.

How much were you charged to have it mapped out? Getting quoted around 200 for it which seems a little steep as that is only marginally less than what I paid for my remap.

The egr is a complex system to map out,, I had a dpf delete, full turbo back exhaust system, egr delete and remap yesterday.... The tuner said the egr is a pain to get right luckily he did it first time with no need for recoding.... So mines quick and more mpg now :)..