Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
Results 1 to 34 of 34
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By JJ.Foulds
  • 1 Post By JJ.Foulds
  • 3 Post By immo
  • 1 Post By NHN

Thread: My new RS3 Spoiler (pics)

  1. #1
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    1,101

    My new RS3 Spoiler (pics)

    So here it is! £220 all together.

    I think its made a HUGE diffrence to the whole look of the car, as it now doesn't look all rounded from the top like a bug

    And yes its in black and not green to 1. match the glass roof colour, and 2. the car will be going white in january.

    This is a before at the spraybay when i dropped it off.



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    nezz likes this.
    05, A3 8P 2.0TFSI Quattro

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Kaibo's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    354
    Looks good mate, have you got a picture with more of the car in to see it as a whole?

  4. #3
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    1,101
    I will go out and take some lol
    turbonutz likes this.
    05, A3 8P 2.0TFSI Quattro

  5. #4
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    126
    where did you get it from??

  6. #5
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 03 View Post
    where did you get it from??
    ebay :P
    05, A3 8P 2.0TFSI Quattro

  7. #6
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    bham
    Posts
    55
    hiya mate yeah looks nice if you could post a pic of it as a whole or more of the back section with the stance etc you would get a pretty good idea of what it looks like, how much was the spoiler on its own i noticed you said 220 was that for prep and painted aswell

  8. #7
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    1,101
    Yes, spoiler was 135. Primer painting and fitting 90.
    just at family dinner but will take pics before this terrible weather hits.

    about an hour!

    JJ
    05, A3 8P 2.0TFSI Quattro

  9. #8
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    58

    My Social Networking

    Add nezz on Facebook
    More pictures please before the storm hits the shore. Loving it.

  10. #9
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    1,101
    here you go!




    Uploaded with ImageShack.us



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us


    And if you didnt notice my brake light IS TINTED BLACK. so it blends in well.

    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    05, A3 8P 2.0TFSI Quattro

  11. #10
    Kaibo's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    354
    Definitely looks better when you see the whole car, once the coilovers are on it'll look sex ; )

  12. #11
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    1,101
    aye the spolier is just a bit clean atm, when it dirtys up it will look better and more inline with the rest of the car.

    Cant wait for the coilovers to come, hopfuly next week! and got spacers on the way also!

    JJ.
    05, A3 8P 2.0TFSI Quattro

  13. #12
    Kaibo's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    354
    What size spacers are you going for? Are you sticking with the standard alloys?

  14. #13
    immo's Avatar
    Stop me

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ.Foulds View Post
    aye the spolier is just a bit clean atm, when it dirtys up it will look better and more inline with the rest of the car.

    Cant wait for the coilovers to come, hopfuly next week! and got spacers on the way also!

    JJ.
    Alternatively you could clean the rest of the car?

    Nice spoiler.
    NHN, DriverN00B and dexx913 like this.
    2006 A3 2.0TDI 170 S Line Mauritius Blue
    Bluetooth | RNSE | MFSW | BOSE | DRL | Xenon Plus | Half Leather | Heated Seats | Parking Sensors


  15. #14
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaibo View Post
    What size spacers are you going for? Are you sticking with the standard alloys?
    10mm front and 13mm rear i think,
    and yes sticking with standard alloys, cant afford a new set with tyres, and tbh i dont realy dislike these ones, need a bit of a refurb but tbh i seem to kerb it anyway... aha. might spray them black at some point or a gun grey but thats all.

    JJ
    05, A3 8P 2.0TFSI Quattro

  16. #15
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by immo View Post
    Alternatively you could clean the rest of the car?

    Nice spoiler.
    That means effort, plus last time i attempted to 'clean' it, it was soo dirty and had soo many streaks i took it to a hand wash within 10 mins and paid £6...

    JJ
    05, A3 8P 2.0TFSI Quattro

  17. #16
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    bham
    Posts
    55
    yeah dude car looks sickk , just a few questions how did you apply the spoiler to the car silkaflex etc? and does the spoiler have a light on it? or is there just a curve on the underside of the spoiler so your light is visable etc?

  18. #17
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    85

    My Social Networking

    Visit dexx913's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ.Foulds View Post
    That means effort, plus last time i attempted to 'clean' it, it was soo dirty and had soo many streaks i took it to a hand wash within 10 mins and paid £6...

    JJ

    In that case go for a brown respray!! lol

    be easier to keep clean!!

  19. #18
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by 1802010 View Post
    yeah dude car looks sickk , just a few questions how did you apply the spoiler to the car silkaflex etc? and does the spoiler have a light on it? or is there just a curve on the underside of the spoiler so your light is visable etc?
    The local spraybay garage applied it for me, but something like tigerseal was recommended but a fair few although the garage that applied it said tigerseal is for applying things like spoilers.

    Yes the spoiler has my brake light on it, i just pulled it off the car, threaded the wire through to the spoiler and just pushed it back on. The brake light is tinted so its the same colour so hard to see, but if you look in the 2nd to last picture, you can see it in the middle.
    But no it goes completely over the original panel at the back, and was a practically perfect fit.

    and thanks! i think it well suits it, and is soo much better than having none!

    In fact after asking a girl friend 'i bought something for my car, whats different?' after she replied with 'bigger tyres?' and me shaking my head in TOTAL SHAME, she actually noticed the spoiler! which i thought must be a good sign of a good buy! lol

    JJ
    05, A3 8P 2.0TFSI Quattro

  20. #19
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    bham
    Posts
    55
    would i be able to attach my light to that spoiler like you did? ive got a 2004 a3 tdi 3 door, i mean ive had another audi a3 before and apllied a s3 spoiler but the spoiler went over the back light with a curve on the underside of the spoiler so you could see the brake light etc saved changing it over etc, but yeah if its a straight fitment etc it would be worth it id apply it myself, and yeah lol girls will never tell the differance mate, but its a differant story when they have has there hair done and you pretend you aint noticed lol

  21. #20
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    996
    the car will be going white in january.
    You'll rue the day.......

    (And have you told your insurance company about the new spoiler?)

  22. #21
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by 1802010 View Post
    would i be able to attach my light to that spoiler like you did? ive got a 2004 a3 tdi 3 door, i mean ive had another audi a3 before and apllied a s3 spoiler but the spoiler went over the back light with a curve on the underside of the spoiler so you could see the brake light etc saved changing it over etc, but yeah if its a straight fitment etc it would be worth it id apply it myself, and yeah lol girls will never tell the differance mate, but its a differant story when they have has there hair done and you pretend you aint noticed lol
    i think you should be able to swap it, i noticed some spoilers on ebay moulded around the light, but this was had the same fitting as orignal on the car so the light just pushed into the new spoiler. I was surprised at the good design of the thing tbh.

    And fangio, why will i regret it? White is cool right?
    05, A3 8P 2.0TFSI Quattro

  23. #22
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    996
    White is cool right?


    Nah, white is ****e!

  24. #23
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by fangio View Post

    Nah, white is ****e!
    Well iv got a while to think about it!

    And also, tell my insurance company about the spoiler? really lol but it doesnt make it go faster :P
    05, A3 8P 2.0TFSI Quattro

  25. #24
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    bham
    Posts
    55
    lol ino it doesnt make it go faster but if you have a crash and they wanted to be bas****s they could void your insurance worst case scenario and you wouldnt get paid out, but most people dont tell them, usually its when the car is totally tricked out and there not sure if speed was the factor or not, also when you crash they usually come and take your car a few days later so you would have time to switch over lol hopefully its not a serious crash where your injured and your car gets took away to beeches recovery or manfield etc then insurance companys would get it direct from them

  26. #25
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by 1802010 View Post
    lol ino it doesnt make it go faster but if you have a crash and they wanted to be bas****s they could void your insurance worst case scenario and you wouldnt get paid out, but most people dont tell them, usually its when the car is totally tricked out and there not sure if speed was the factor or not, also when you crash they usually come and take your car a few days later so you would have time to switch over lol hopefully its not a serious crash where your injured and your car gets took away to beeches recovery or manfield etc then insurance companys would get it direct from them
    Yeah i dont risk insurance anyway, im young and already pay enough with the 3 points i have! so i will be telling them, i guess it is a permanent change aswell so. but thanks for reminding me!
    05, A3 8P 2.0TFSI Quattro

  27. #26
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    bham
    Posts
    55
    if you do end up telling your insurance company about the rear spoiler, let me know what they say and how much the upgrade will cost you on top of what your paying

  28. #27
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by 1802010 View Post
    if you do end up telling your insurance company about the rear spoiler, let me know what they say and how much the upgrade will cost you on top of what your paying
    TBH if they arnt charging me for a remap (theres a £25 policy change fee, but no added premium) from 200- 260 BHP i doubt they are going to charge me for the spoiler :P
    05, A3 8P 2.0TFSI Quattro

  29. #28
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    bham
    Posts
    55
    true true in that case they might not charge you at all, just let them knnow, that way atleast they will have it written down on record etc should you ever claim ,buy yeah let me know bud what they say

  30. #29
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,129
    Is that a genuine RS3 spoiler, no offence but imho it just doesn't look right, the sline/s3 spoiler would compliment the cars lines better tbh, as no bodykit to match so looks bit out of place.
    sliced likes this.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  31. #30
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Is that a genuine RS3 spoiler, no offence but imho it just doesn't look right, the sline/s3 spoiler would compliment the cars lines better tbh, as no bodykit to match so looks bit out of place.
    It would look better with a bodykit, but i dont think it looks too out of place, compared to how it looked without!
    But will look better a bit lowered i hope!
    And no its not a genuine Rs3 spoiler :P
    05, A3 8P 2.0TFSI Quattro

  32. #31
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    996
    hopefully its not a serious crash where your injured and your car gets took away to beeches recovery or manfield etc then insurance companys would get it direct from them
    That happened to me.......

  33. #32
    BigWillyStyle's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    566
    Good effort but not my cup of tea. It does look a bit untidy as you can see the original panel underneath from the side. I agree with NHN regarding an S-Line spoiler but each to their own
    Last edited by BigWillyStyle; 28th October 2013 at 13:57.

  34. #33
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    1,101
    Yeah on the top pic you can just see the edge, but in reality when stood there its not noticeable at all, the picture must of just caught it :P
    05, A3 8P 2.0TFSI Quattro

  35. #34
    BigWillyStyle's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    566
    Fair enough. As long as you're happy with it is the main thing. Sure not everyone will like what i have done to my car!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. New RS3 Jerseypaul - new pics
    By jerseypaul in forum RS3 Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 14th April 2012, 14:51
  2. New RS3 / S3 Info
    By dcallaghan in forum RS3 Forum
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 30th April 2005, 10:42
  3. MOVED: new RS3
    By MarkS3 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th August 2004, 09:29
  4. New A3 Spoiler???
    By neilsafc in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19th February 2004, 17:43
  5. Whens the new RS3 coming out ?
    By Wish in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 1st December 2003, 19:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO