Suspension difference between 3.2 Sport and 3.2 S-line?

Skittler

Redlined
Reaction score
I get conflicting answers from Audi dealerships on this one.
The 3.2 Sport has stiffer suspension than the Standard A3 model (as does the 2.0 Sport). No problem.
Does the 3.2 S-line have different suspension than the 3.2 Sport, or is it mechanically the same, the only differences being to do with seats/spoiler options etc?

[ QUOTE ]
I get conflicting answers from Audi dealerships on this one.
The 3.2 Sport has stiffer suspension than the Standard A3 model (as does the 2.0 Sport). No problem.
Does the 3.2 S-line have different suspension than the 3.2 Sport, or is it mechanically the same, the only differences being to do with seats/spoiler options etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

S-line is lowered another 1/2 inch than the sport,to compensate for the 18 inch wheels.Stiffer than the sport as well.

You are not the only one to be confused.

If you read the german spec (or certainly used to say it) then the s-line has different suspension but the UK spec never really mentions it. Supposed to be 10mm lower than the Sport. Also with the 18" wheels, it will seem much harder anyway.

2006 s-line models have had it revised though so it is not so harsh. I have had 2005 and now a 2006 model 3.2 S-line and the suspension certainly seems to be more compliant now.

I was told it had a wider track too, but I can't remember who said it now...

Dan

[ QUOTE ]
If you read the german spec (or certainly used to say it) then the s-line has different suspension but the UK spec never really mentions it. Supposed to be 10mm lower than the Sport. Also with the 18" wheels, it will seem much harder anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is mentioned on the Audi UK website that the s-line is 10mm lower than the sport but it isnt in the car specs it's on a seperate s-line page somewhere. I was looking ages ago and found it on there somewhere.

Thanks everyone. That helps to clear it up.

Does anyone know of a page that has a GOOD picture(s) of a 3.2 Sport and a 3.2 S-line? I'm trying to see just how different they look.

Same track on both, but different dampers, springs and anti roll bars (26mm fr and rr).

The S-Line suspension (Quattro GmbH) has very hard springs, and not-hard-enough (imo) dampers.

Skittler, i posted a pic of my 3.2 sline a few months back Here

Personally I think it could be lower still. The ride quality I would have to say is better than in my previous 206 Gti180, which was considerably firmer!

Good colour choice Powerplay.

My old Brillant Red one (3dr 3.2 Sline) is in the gallery under my name if it helps. No body kit though, just rear spolier which was standard on my 2005 model.