REVO in Manchester

miketweed

Reaction score
Just for info:

ProSport are a tuning shop & REVO dealers in South Manchester Actually Stockport, but very close to M60/M56)

They mainly do Subaru / Mitsu stuff and older VAG, but since I went to see them they have bought the new Audi ODB2 REVO leads and software so they can do new VAG stuff too.

The whole place is brand new, including a new 4WD rolling road.

Very courteous and knowledgable. I'm going tomorrow to have my code switched off for free before it goes in for some warranty work. I'll get it on the RR when I have the code put back next week (we're going to do some through the gears DSG testing to see the differences between D/S and M)

Highly Recommended (no i'm not on commission)

Prosport Ltd
Unit 18 Heaton Mersey Ind Est
Battersea Rd
Heaton Mersey
Stockport
SK4 3EA
T 0161 432 9999

You want to try the stage2 map with 202.6bhp...........

I went to REVO on Monday had the stage1 map installed along side the stage2

So now I have the stock map (164bhp), the stage1 at 187bhp/293ft/lb and the stage2 202.6bhp/287 ft/lb all installed and I can swap between them using the SPS switch.....

Stage1 protects the fuel economy - Stage2 gets it into the mid to high 30s mpg wise though it is insanely quick and traction becomes a real problem...............

Its OK.

I also have 260bhp/300lbft, so I can live with it.

The SPS swiches are not out for the petrol models yet...... thats why I' m having to go to a Revo dealers to get it switched back to stock before taking it to Audi.

Are the maps left on the ECU or are they replaced with each 'switch'. If they are left on is it obvious to an insurance company after you have stuffed the car which map it was using at the time?

If you just 'switch' then all the codes are on the ECU, you're just selecting one.

If its flashed back to stock then its gone completely, but its a problem to do that at a REVO dealers because they'll use a credit putting it back in (i think, MikeP is the expert)

Not heard of an insurance company checking anyway, without reason. Else they would have to check every single car that had a claim as they've all got ECUs nowadays.

All the maps are in the ecu, the SPS or Dealers programmer is used to switch between them.

No, an insurance company couldn't tell which map you were using at the time. But you would declare the modification anyway, wouldn't you?

Colleague at work has just had his new Golf GTi done by Superchips. Went for a quick spin and yes it was quicker and yes he will be going through front tires every other month, wheel spin in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Glad I have Quattro to help put the power to the road. Just to get back to the point, he informed his insurance company and they said thanks for telling us and it makes no difference to your policy what so ever...!?

[ QUOTE ]
Colleague at work has just had his new Golf GTi done by Superchips. Went for a quick spin and yes it was quicker and yes he will be going through front tires every other month, wheel spin in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Glad I have Quattro to help put the power to the road. Just to get back to the point, he informed his insurance company and they said thanks for telling us and it makes no difference to your policy what so ever...!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any idea which insurance company?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif