Chris NottAH Fabrications
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TDI140

Thread: Boost Pipe Help

English...not so good

Status

Boost Pipe Help

I’ve had boost leak for quite a while now and oil has gotten everywhere, the L shaped boost pipe connected to the intercooler was badly worn on both side, replaced it with a new one and some new metal clips.

The intercooler side is now a tight fit but the connection to the middle pipe is still very loose. Is there a trick I’m missing or does it also need to be replaced. If so how hard is it, because I can’t see the end of the pipe. Does it look worn?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    The clips broke on the same hose on my car recently so it kept popping off. I had mine fixed at a garage and they told me that it's best to replace the hose and the middle plastic pipe as they generally don't fit as well if one of the parts is worn. I wasn't sure whether it was just a ploy to get me to buy another part at the time but being as it wasn't much more for the other part I went for it. Sounds like there could be some truth in it from what you're seeing.

As for how difficult it is I'm afraid I can't help since I lazily got someone to do it for me. Hope you get it sorted.

English...not so good

Status
    Oh really, how much did it come mate?

5th Gear

Status
    Its crap mate and its expensive mate, i used a new horse shoe clip and then cable tied it so it grips tighter on the hose also i have forge hoses so the coupler is much more chunky and tighter fitting than the OEM rubbish hoses
    Mr. B likes this.
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 225bhp 351ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch

English...not so good

Status
    Horse shoe clip? What is that? Have you got a link mate? Any ideas on how to remove the middle pipe? I'm half tempted to tiger seal the connection

English...not so good

Status
    Lol Super ghetto but If I wrap lots of tight elastic bands around the metal bit and add a generous amount of tiger seal and shove it in, do you think it will stay put