Lowering my 8P, advice and help

jord11

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking at lowering my 1.8TFSI 8P, now I've looked at the h&r 50mm springs, which look like a perfect drop for what I'm after. My problem is that my vehicle has se specification suspension and with a little bit of research on the forum it seems that I will need to change my shocks to the sline specification shocks. I do have a budget of 200-250, now with buying the springs and purchasing second hand sline shocks, it all comes in just under my budget. Now I would prefer coilovers just because then I can adjust them up and down for different weather conditions. I have identified three that sit in my price range, which are; JOM coilovers which are priced at £185 from DPM, searched on the forum and haven't really found a good review, mainly negative. Next inline is the FK street coilover kit which are priced at £205, again from DPM, struggled to find any reviews on these as must reviews are on the high sports. Finally the last set I've identified to be in my price range are the prosport coilover kit, which is priced at £220 from DPM, have not found any reviews on this set up at all, is there a reason for this? Ideally I would like coilovers that aren't bouncy and don't make knocking noises.

Any advice welcomed as what you think the best option I should go for within my budget.

Thanks in advance

Jord

Hi, i have just ordered some JOM's from DPM. and Authough your right, there are no perticular 'good' reviews, why would there be. They are super cheap! and will never be up to AP £400 standards even (but thats double the price!?) but if value for money is what your looking for, then they are onto a win.

I read many people say 'JOMs are alright' and will make a bigger difference on the stock suspension, but i personally just wont expect them to last longer than 2 years, but heh! who cares, they are only £185.
And they are going to bounce more than a £400 set, but we already know this because of the price...

And im sure they have a 2 year warranty aswell? i think.

JJ.

Jom's are good, until you've experienced AP's which is when you'll realise the extra money is worth it.

Then im guessing AP's are good, until you've been on kw's etc etc.

just dont cheap out, save it another month and get mid range like the AP's. You'll be glad you did. Cheap coils will ruin it, and you'll want to sell the car.

As with most things in life you get what you pay for but a lot is down to your budget and what you feel comfortable spending.

If I can be any help with info on any of the kits please feel free to PM me or give me a call.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Reactions: NHN
Although there's quite a few people who run cheap coilovers such as JOM's with no issues, they're never going to be as good as a set that costs twice the money. Buy cheap, buy twice IMO.

If you just want some cheap lows and aren't bothered about the ride/handling etc, then go for 'em.

If you do go for any coilovers, I'd definitely recommend getting them from DPM. Very helpful and brilliant service when I got my AP's from them!

Reactions: NHN
I've now fitted joms to my last 2 audi's, great value in my eyes and I'm happy with the ride, that said, I haven't fitted better so I cannot compare. One good piece of advice for these and that is to treat/coat the threads, otherwise do not expect to be able to adjust them after long.

Thanks for the advice, my dilemma is, whether I'm better off opting to go with sline shocks and h&r springs or a set of budget coilovers.

Another question though, has anyone experienced the prosport coilover kit?