Door top removal

sumerz

Reaction score
Evening guys,

I'm currently swapping over door mirrors and I need to get the top of the door off to do the job properly.

ive got Elsa and can see the basic principle, is there any tips from anyone who's done this before?

thanks

What kind of car do you have? Would help ;)

i've changed both window regulators on my old audi... I'm pretty sure you can change the mirrors without taking the full frame out

that was a 3dr a3

Haha my bad! It's an 08 SB. Need to get access to the loom in the door to pull it out properly

3dr... 5dr? .... Ah yeah, remember that loom very well now... Its a wee bit of jiggery, if I remember right... I pushed the loom through 1st, take all the bolts out and wiggle left/right to get frame out...

putting it back in was a bit more of a challenge... Need to try balance it in the door 1st, put the loom down 1st and have a set of long nosed pliers handy... The hardest thing I found was the re-alignment... Juat need to check your door shuts line up correctly once the doors closed to prevent leaks... Bit of a faff but easy enough

3dr... 5dr? .... Ah yeah, remember that loom very well now... Its a wee bit of jiggery, if I remember right... I pushed the loom through 1st, take all the bolts out and wiggle left/right to get frame out...

putting it back in was a bit more of a challenge... Need to try balance it in the door 1st, put the loom down 1st and have a set of long nosed pliers handy... The hardest thing I found was the re-alignment... Juat need to check your door shuts line up correctly once the doors closed to prevent leaks... Bit of a faff but easy enough

right ok cheers! Might give it a try tomorrow if the weather holds out. Got to replace the outer window seal strip aswell as mines looking knackered. I'm hoping I might get away with just sliding that on without taking the door top off if I don't get that far