Repaint OEM Rotor wheels

STYLEZAU

Reaction score
I am thinking of repainting my rotor wheels. They are now the standard colour (grey titanium spokes/cnc brushed metal edges).

I either want to get them painted completely gloss black or gloss black spokes and ibis white edges (to match the car colour)...so like this:

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2zi0jys.jpg

Any opinions? Can't decide :)

I personally like these on a white car and especially with a pano roof.
I'm not a fan of any white on wheels.
Black with the silver edges are the way to go :)

Thats gonna be a pig of a job with the lips and edges!

I had mine done but powder coated the centres and diamond cut the lips.

Now that I saw these tjpre16tkrbelf6rtbrvu73s61.jpg I might actually go for polished edges and gloss black spokes (obviously with the center hub painted as well unlike in the picture). Will look sick with the black roof/white car I reckon

Have you thought about plasti-dipping them at 1st... That way, you'll get to see what they look like finished without a permanent colour, n if you dont like it you could always rip it back off again?

Brought them to the painter today. Gloss black spokes/hub centre (just the audi rings stay chrome) and the edges cnc machined and polished. Showed me some of his work to compare and that colour combi looked best. Will post some pics when done in a couple days.

Reactions: RobbieWebs
Brought them to the painter today. Gloss black spokes/hub centre (just the audi rings stay chrome) and the edges cnc machined and polished. Showed me some of his work to compare and that colour combi looked best. Will post some pics when done in a couple days.
Looking forward to the pics :)

I had plans to do that tooo :D cant wait for the pics

Sounds like you have made the right choice there, look forward to seeing the pics. :wub: Paula xx

Looking awesome! Can I ask who did the job and where they're based? I'm looking to get the same type of alloys repainted also.

Gold Coast, Australia. So probably a bit far unless you are Aussie too :D

Gold Coast, Australia. So probably a bit far unless you are Aussie too :D

Haha! Definitely a little too far :/ think I'll search closer to home! And any pics of the wheels on the car yet?

Haha! Definitely a little too far :/ think I'll search closer to home! And any pics of the wheels on the car yet?

End of next week. Car is with my local APR Tuner right now. Getting a few upgrades installed. I'll post them in here.

Edit: Make sure whoever you choose uses 2pack paint and prepares the wheels before. Otherwise it will all flake off a few weeks after its been painted. Good shops give a warranty.