Google earth your car

Amchlolor

Reaction score
Anyone tried it ?
Quite good fun.
I wasn't home the day the photo was taken,but you can clearly(ish) see my car in the carpark at work.

Yes,I'm bored.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

i had a look but the quality isnt that good ? when they first released google earth the qulity was better, but i think they had to Downgrade the quality as there were privacy problems ?

poxy firewalls at work block it, though was impressed with it at home.

Never seemed to be great details on the area's I live in though, perhaps they're telling me something?

I think only certain areas are available in hi-res (major cities etc)?

Our street is empty of cars on the photo. Next door but-one have a sneaky looking kitchen extension!

I can actually tell the photo was taken on a Wednesday morning.
You can clearly see the bright white paper-recycling bag in the driveway,and they only collect on a Wednesday morning.

None of the girls in the office were impressed when I zoomed in on their homes like,especially the one that had washing out ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Here's picture of our local Audi dealer.
Actually,my car's probably in this photo somewhere ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Black and red are popular here then.

[image]
Audi.jpg
[/image]

Can't see my own house but I was at my parents when the took the pic of that. No idea when it was taken though as all my cars are black...

J.

I've re-looked at ours and the photo must have been taken at least 4 years ago as the new flats near our house were built in summer 2002 and in the photo it still the school playing field!!

So no chance of seeing the audi!

Your right they are a few years old... My sister has her old car parked outside so it was at least taken 4 years ago. So the picture looks like it was sunny and both my sister and I are at my parents... Must have been some kind of celebration... Mums birthday perhaps....

At least I know what car I had then - Golf Gti1.8T

fantastic piece of Software is the Google Earth i see they use it a lot on TV news now. They just zoom on in !

[ QUOTE ]
Here's picture of our local Audi dealer.
Actually,my car's probably in this photo somewhere ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Black and red are popular here then.

[image]
Audi.jpg
[/image]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dosen't look like that now Bowfer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif