aircon question!

furlong1909

Reaction score
hi everyone, i'm new to the forum after bagging myself a spirit blue s3! loving the car and have some big plans, sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but the fan level seems to have a mind of its own. if i change the temp and then up the fan level, after a few minutes the level seems to go up/down on its own. is this normal? thanks, Rob

If you have the Audi climate control, you should leave the system on 'AUTO'. Then the fans will operate to keep the cabin at the set temperatures, sometimes fast and then slow as the temperature reaches the required level. For example, if it is cold outside and you have set a higher temp for inside, the fans will be quiet until the engine has warmed up a bit. Then they will run fast to circulate warm air throughout the cabin, then slow down as the set temperature is reached. So, in other words, the fan will indeed run a different speeds depending on the temperature inside and outside. The fan is just trying to do its job.

oh ok i see, i didn't notice any difference in temp just the level had changed. thanks for clearing that up!