S3 8P Exhaust Help (Suggestions?) - Miltek Non Res

JonDogg

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a DSG S3 with Revo Stage 1, Evoms Intake, Forge DV

Im looking at getting a new exhaust so I can take it to Stage 2 shortly, I am a bit confused really.

Do most of you guys on here running exhausts use sports cats / decats? Its easy finding Exhausts with Catback but it seems hard to find sports cats by themselves, and they also seem super expensive.

Is it a bad decision to just get the Miltek Non Res Catback exhaust for now, and by a cat after (when I can afford it!)?

Im looking at buying this one: S3 MILLTEK EXHAUST MK2 2.0 TURBO NON RESONATED 3 DOOR CAT BACK SSXAU123 | eBay

Does anyone know the powergains for this too?

cat back doesn't add much power if any. the biggest restriction is in the downpipe. i would also suggest you to take look at the bcs power valve system. if i didn't have milltek on my car i would probably go for it as i like the option to keep it quiet or loud when you want it.
some member have fitted milltek downpipe with oem cat back and have seen some gains.

so you would recommend really that i just upgrade my whole system when i get the chance too?

is the downpipe / decat hard to fit yourself?

yes, as you will probably go stage 2+ soon after stage 2 (it would be silly not to especially in s-tronic).
i've fitted compete milltek system. then i got fuel pump and went stage 2+ :D
well i think you should need the lift for fitting as you need to take of the front end of the propshaft so you can get to the downpipe bolts.

there's turbo back milltek for sale at classifieds for a little more than that on ebay :D

We fitted a full BCS system to 1 of the boys on heres S3 today and it sounds very nice indeed...

Wait and upgrade to Stage 2 Turboback straight away. Will be cheaper in the end and defo worth it!

so you would recommend really that i just upgrade my whole system when i get the chance too?

is the downpipe / decat hard to fit yourself?

As STYLEZAU has recommended,it's probably cheaper in the long run to wait and get the entire system.

You don't need a decat until you buy a big turbo.

I fitted an MV Sports dp to my OEM cat-back and got good torque gains (+60Nm) and the car pulled better from low revs. I added a Milltek cat back later and there was some improvement but nothing to shout about. If you're looking for more than 340ps then you'll need the cat-back.

anyone got a decat downpipe and had a sports cat welded in? you can get a universal sports cat for around 80-100 quid on ebay.

First of all remember that stage 2 is just rubbish due to fueling problems that ppl experience, you will need a more efficient fuel pump or at least upgraded internals. Low end gets less torque and power than stage1 and common problem is fuel rail pressure drops 3-4k making boost problems, turbo/shifts lag etc. You have 2 options now stay stage 1 and fit TBE with 200 cell sports cat or just jump straight to stage 2+ which I recommend.

Reactions: S3Alex
First of all remember that stage 2 is just rubbish due to fueling problems that ppl experience, you will need a more efficient fuel pump or at least upgraded internals. Low end gets less torque and power than stage1 and common problem is fuel rail pressure drops 3-4k making boost problems, turbo/shifts lag etc. You have 2 options now stay stage 1 and fit TBE with 200 cell sports cat or just jump straight to stage 2+ which I recommend.

Very good advice.

The stock HPFP does not flow enough fuel in the midrange regions,and the result is a big drop in torque....from APR's site,they state that the stock pump can only support 158bhp @ 3000rpm,whereas all of the aftermarket pumps will supply well in excess of that.

I've long thought that Stg2+ is the best value upgrade to the S3.

Hhhm glad I had a look at this post I've currently for tbe miltek and Revo intake Ben at shark has put a custom stage 1 on at the moment as my plans were stage 2 but have to wait till I save for clutch so he has toned it down a bit to save the clutch in the meantime, so my question is am I wasting my time with getting it proper stage 2 then? What's all needed for stage 2 plus and how does the car cope with it all? Don't want to go to far with car as I am already planning clutch and flywheel best year along with coilovers. Anti roll bars and was thinking of maybe upgrading my brakes in some way, sorry to hijack the exhaust thread

I had a Turbo back Resonated Milltek fitted (already had Stage 1 map) and it made a big difference.
Aside the quality issue I had it really did do what it said on the tin performance wise.

At stage 1 I would say the options are :

1 : HPFP upgrade and stage 1+ (will give you a lot more power in the middle range especially and I think around 335 HP)
2 : Just a DP with OEM catback and stage 2 (will give you the same power as stage 1+ but with less power in the middle range)
3 : Save your money for DP and HPFP and go 2+

Remember that stage 1+ or 2+ will put more stress on your clutch and depending on your driving style it CAN begin to slip. Not saying it will, but it is something to be considered if money are tight for upgrades

Catback is not really for a lot more power but for the sound. Most important on the exhaust is the DP

whats the restriction on the DP? the oem cat or the pipe itself?

whats the restriction on the DP? the oem cat or the pipe itself?
You have two OEM cats, one RIGHT after the turbo.

One is 600 cell and the other is 800 cell. I have seen people taking off the OEM DP and cleaning out the first cat and running that with some power gains but I would't really bother just get a good DP with a race cat

they are hugely expensive though. was wondering could the precat get gutted and the std cat chopped out and a universal 200cell cat put in.

no idea if it would satisfy the ecu or not though.

i fitted the bcs sport exhaust the other day, wow what a sound of that, and what a lovely looking peice of kit to, was easy job reall, hardest thing was moving the prop shaft out the way.

hmmm so red you think stage 2 bad idea even as a stop gap? because i dont fancy forking out money for a new clutch the now aswell as a fuel pump?

i fitted the bcs sport exhaust the other day, wow what a sound of that, and what a lovely looking peice of kit to, was easy job reall, hardest thing was moving the prop shaft out the way.

hmmm so red you think stage 2 bad idea even as a stop gap? because i dont fancy forking out money for a new clutch the now aswell as a fuel pump?

Not sure how shark is mapping stage 2 but as above stage1+ will be faster and more driveable. I felt the car more laggy and gutless mid range running stage2.

hmmm i was thinking of getting the stage 2 done cus its recommended with the sport exhaust hmmm might just go pure daft and buy clutch and fuel pump aswell as planned braked an wheels, boom 4 grand there's yer dinner

I'm in the same position as you now turbonutz I currently have custom stage 1 that Ben done at shark I was planning on clutch next year along with suspension and maybe brakes upgraded then was gonna get stage 2 but after chatting with reddejavu Im considering fuel pump as well prob chat to Ben and see what he thinks might just get it and stage 2 Map then decide from there if I want to go more

My exhaust has just started blowing. Where the down pipe splits into a 'Y' it's coming out of the flexi tubing on the one side. It passed the MOT as advisory, but they quoted £672 + VAT for the part from Audi! I've got a stage 1 map (Bluefin) and a new clutch, so it looks like I'm on the lookout for a second hand Miltek turbo back (Cat & Res) for a 3dr. If I have problems with fueling then its a new fuel pump. I can see this getting an expensive habit.

Reactions: turbonutz
there's turbo back in classifieds :D

My exhaust has just started blowing. Where the down pipe splits into a 'Y' it's coming out of the flexi tubing on the one side. It passed the MOT as advisory, but they quoted £672 + VAT for the part from Audi! I've got a stage 1 map (Bluefin) and a new clutch, so it looks like I'm on the lookout for a second hand Miltek turbo back (Cat & Res) for a 3dr. If I have problems with fueling then its a new fuel pump. I can see this getting an expensive habit.

Give me a shout mine is 3dr Resonated:] Problem with stage 2 is that the mapping in most cases requests more fuel than could be delivered. From what I read REVO requests too much pressure/fuel mid range therefore most people are having fueling problems once running stage 2 program.

they are hugely expensive though. was wondering could the precat get gutted and the std cat chopped out and a universal 200cell cat put in..

Not worth it on the S3 due to some very severe restrictions in the design - needs new pipework unfortunately. Gutting the pre-cat will make a bit of difference but it's a bad design to start off with.
Mv sport downpipe

hmmm that sucks alright. how about a decat downpipe with a 200cell cat put in. I cant understand the huge price increase if you want a cat version of the downpipe (500-600 quid iirc?)

Also - I see a lot of the downpipes are 3" - does this mean they need a reducer to work with std catback?

Last edited:
Same One for 375 on vagoc but the lambda sensor fitting need retapped. (Easy fix)? A woulda got this if I never got ma bcs already haaa

Hi Guys,

I have a DSG S3 with Revo Stage 1, Evoms Intake, Forge DV

Im looking at getting a new exhaust so I can take it to Stage 2 shortly, I am a bit confused really.

Do most of you guys on here running exhausts use sports cats / decats? Its easy finding Exhausts with Catback but it seems hard to find sports cats by themselves, and they also seem super expensive.

Is it a bad decision to just get the Miltek Non Res Catback exhaust for now, and by a cat after (when I can afford it!)?

Im looking at buying this one: S3 MILLTEK EXHAUST MK2 2.0 TURBO NON RESONATED 3 DOOR CAT BACK SSXAU123 | eBay

Does anyone know the powergains for this too?

I would suggest looking at powervalve.co.uk before choosing, It was recommended to me and I am soooooo glad I went with it. The system is amazing if you don't want that droning noise all the time + I believe it played a big part in getting my s3 to 400bhp on a Revo Stg2+ map. You get what you pay for. The fitters even said it was a pleasure to install (and if you ask any Mech, that is a rare thing) Once you come on boost the active valve opens allowing the exhaust gasses to bypass the rear box, then it really comes alive 😃