Immobiliser Problem

007Biggles

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

New here so hopw I am in the right p;ace.

Had to change a duff chip in my speedo and all worked well bc I downloaded the data first and reloaded the new chip

All worked well until the car just packed up completely when I tried to start it one day. The Immo kicked in and was difficult to resolve.

Now finally worked out a way to get it going but need to stop it from keep on happening. when it happens the speedo goes all the way around the clock as do the fuel and temp and the signs are all on the dash

to solve it I have to disconnect eh battery and short the terminals together and hold for 30 seconds. That clears it and the car then starts. However I then have to plug in VSDS and clear all faults and get the power steering back for example but as soon as it happens again I loose it all again.

Any ideas on how to stop this from reoccurring?

Any suggestions appreciated

Biggles

what year car? What dash is this, what chip did you replace and what tool did you use to replace it? have you tried to re write the original data again? have you checked it wrote correctly?

what year car? What dash is this, what chip did you replace and what tool did you use to replace it? have you tried to re write the original data again? have you checked it wrote correctly?

Hi
Thanks for responding.

Car is a 2006 1.9 Sportsback

The dash is 8PO 920 981 B

The Chip is a 93LC86C-I/SN: IC serial 16K

I would have to say yes it did all load ok for several reasons:

First as soon as it was reinstalled, it fired up!

next the mileage was exactly as I had downloaded from the original chip (although I am wondering if this is a problem bc it has done about 200 miles since then and I wonder if there is something cress referencing he mileage from the chip with the cars ECU and finding a slight mismatch?)

Next there was no need to program the keys, they worked straight away so for these reasons I would say all the original data uploaded no problem at all.

Just to clarify, I do not believe anything is wrong with the chip as it starts and runs well. It is only after covering a 100 miles or so and switching off. When returning in the morning and turning the key, ..... hey presto ..... everything goes on tilt! shorting the battery leads for 30 seconds clears it and it starts again but every fault comes back and I need to plug in VCDS again to clear them all (usually needs 'basic settings' applied in the steering assist module and the ABS module

Hope this helps and makes things clearer. I just need to stop it reverting back to 'tilt' mode every now and again.

Any notions?

Thanks again for your help

What did you use to program it? Have you tried re writing it again? I recently wrote an eep and my lit needles dissappeard as it didn't write correctly.

It's not something I have much experience in other than knowing things go bad very easily !

What did you use to program it? Have you tried re writing it again? I recently wrote an eep and my lit needles dissappeard as it didn't write correctly.

It's not something I have much experience in other than knowing things go bad very easily !

Thanks, just to clarify a little further, absolutely everything works fine but there are some fault codes which are to be expected I think when a car has not been used for a long time. I plug in VCDS and follow the procedures to fix those codes and all is well. Then the car goes for a while. Then when I go and get in, opening the door (which normally turns on the mileage display etc) triggers both speedo and rev counter to go around the clock and the fuel gauge etc all register incorrect and immo kicks in if you try to start. it is completely (or seems to be) random as to when this will happen but never when driving, only when stopped.

To cure it, I have to disconnect the battery and short the leads for 30 seconds or so and then it starts ok and the gauges are back to normal. but the faults occur on the dash and I have to adopt basic settings again for steering assist and for ABS modules and reset the steering stop etc. Soon as I do that all is well. Then it happens again after a day or two.

I realise this is quite a detailed technical problem. In my mind it is some sort of matching between the ECU and the dash and I am wondering if there is a way to update this.

OTHER FORUMS
If this sort of problem is not really what goes on here could anyone suggest another forum where in depth technical matters are exchanged?

Again v much obliged for any help.