Audi A3 53 tdi Alarm problems!

onekind786

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having problems with the alarm on my car. The alarm keeps on randomly going off. I first used to just unlock the doors and lock it several times and eventually it used to go off. Only recently after ive locked the doors the alarm keeps on going off constantly and keeps on happening, now when i press the button to lock or unlock it still continues to beep, ive even put the key in the ignition and started it but still beeps with the engine on! there are no warning lights on the dash. It eventually stops when it wants but this has been happening for a few weeks now on and off. I am having an electrician to look at it but wanted to know if anyone can help me solve this as i still have to wait a week and my neigbours are not happy at all:( ?? Also is there a way to disable it?

Welcome to the site.

Does the rear wiper work ok with jet?

Check for any water on the bottom of the bootlid & any brown staining on base of bootlid plastics.

I disabled mine by taking out the fuse (forget which one - one of the ones on the end of the dash), pending me getting hold of a new rear wiper motor. Mine had dumped water into the lock which was causing the spurious alarms. Nigel (above) is right on the money with this as the first thing to check out.

I disabled mine by taking out the fuse (forget which one - one of the ones on the end of the dash), pending me getting hold of a new rear wiper motor. Mine had dumped water into the lock which was causing the spurious alarms. Nigel (above) is right on the money with this as the first thing to check out.

Can easily be cured with wd40 on the contact points...

Reactions: onekind786