Hi guys,

Underneath the mid section of the car the exhaust splits into 2 routes and 1 side has a small baffle like piece in it, mine is blowing and this whole section would need to be replaced to fix this issue, can anyone tell me what this baffle like piece does and can I replace it with a straight bit if exhaust pipe to cure the blowing exhaust?

would save me a lot if money I don't have at the moment