Need some new shoes

Napbree

Reaction score
... Been getting the most out of my rubber before I sell up and upgrade from my ****ty 17".

The guy who had my car before me, took the original alloys off and put some horrible TSW Vortex alloys on there and they're also ****** (no exaggeration there either). They're not worth re-furbing and therefore not worth putting new rubber on either. So thought would take the hit and get new alloys + tyres in one big sweep.

The big question is, I have a grey sportback and think some nice rotors would suit it rather well, I like to stay within OEM boundaries, e.g. I'm not a massive fan of BBS as it takes you away from what's a "nicely specced car" to something that's more linked to performance imo.

Big question is, 18 or 19? Would it look right in 19s, it's on S-Line suspension so would it fit okay?

Cheers for the help - yet again guys.

I've attached an image if it helps!
photo-2.png

19s on a sportback looks amazing but on standard springs it won't look great. Also the cost of rubber is fairly higher on 19s. If your not going to change the suspension setup then go for 18s

Personally I think rotors on grey sportbacks look the ********.
Just stick with the 18" rims at least u know u won't have any issues.
Plus cheaper to buy and tyres ;)

There's a very noticeable difference going from 17's to 18's therefore going from 17's to 19's would possibly be a bad thing. Depends if comfort or looks is more important. 19's look best but 18's for all round looks/comfort compromise.

I echo the above, I'd go with 18's if I were you, especially if you're sticking with standard suspension.

I originally had 17's on mine and when I first put 18's on, they looked considerably bigger.

Cheers guys, 18" it will be!

Any idea what the best non-oem rotors are?