Chris NottEM Tuning
    Now running on Heavy Oil

Status

Unhappy 07 TDI sportback Rear LED Upgrade Problem!! Help! Please!?

Hi All,

I have done the upgrade tonight to the newer 09 rear lights. I have bought the lights and looms from Autoteilmann on Ebay and all are good quality Genuine items. (magnetti etc) I have coded as per instruction on the forum.

Unfortunately I have a problem with the inner right light :-(.......

1 If I put the reverse lights on the led ring goes out (inner only)

2 If I put the ignition on with the reverse lights on I get a bulb out error (fog light) (right side i'm guessing)

3 If I put the rear fogs on the ring goes out/the reverse light and fog light illuminate dimley (right inner only)

Otherwise all seems OK

Proper Gutted :-(

Can anyone think what could be wrong??????

I have tried plugging the right into left and it does the same. It seems to be a problem with existing right side inner wiring but I haven't touched it Hmmmmm It couldn't be coding could it?

Please help!?..........
    Last edited by S3 Dave; 16th October 2013 at 21:32.
    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

Churchill August 20th 1940

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Mate contact NHN as thats what im going to do when i have mine done its too much hassle unless you know exactly how to code, also its dangerous if there ot working correctly so get it done asap
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

07 170 DSG

Status
    My feed was taken from the numperplate light loom grey wire from memory, for the two inner ones
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Now running on Heavy Oil

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LEE69 View Post
    My feed was taken from the numperplate light loom grey wire from memory, for the two inner ones
    Yes all good have done that they work fine till I put reverse lights or fogs on.
    Coding as follows......

Btye 9 to Dec = 0
    Byte 10 to Dec = 0
    Byte 12 to Dec = 36 or 48 if you want them to be brighter
    Byte 19 Bit 2 Cold Diagnosis rear active

07 170 DSG

Status
    That's the same as i used, out of my depth now, you need one of the experts.
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Your coding is correct, it's the wiring that isn't right. Although the inners are playing up the wiring that isn't right is the outers... Try swapping the outer adapters over and test again.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Now running on Heavy Oil

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LEE69 View Post
    That's the same as i used, out of my depth now, you need one of the experts.
    Any Experts with any Ideas will revisit all wiring later..........

Now running on Heavy Oil

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash187 View Post
    Your coding is correct, it's the wiring that isn't right. Although the inners are playing up the wiring that isn't right is the outers... Try swapping the outer adapters over and test again.
    They were marked right and left (li & re) in German, which i followed should i still swap them mate??

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    I have seen that before so that's why I suggest that.
    i have yet to find a incorrectly wired rear led adapter but you could have that too. The issue you have only happens when the wires are not connected in the right pin for instance if you connected the reverse wire from the car to the fog bulb in the housing.

As I make my own looms on these installs I can avoid this from happening.

do this, check that the inners and outers are on their correct sides, then check the lights and see what side the issue is on. If both sides are playing up then you have a total wiring disaster which can be rectified but will need those adapters to be repinned. If its just one side then it's one of the adapters on that side that isn't correctly wired up.

Once you can narrow it down take the tape off the adapter and let me know what pins join up. ie. female connector pin 3 to male pin 1 and I can double check that for you
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Now running on Heavy Oil

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash187 View Post
    I have seen that before so that's why I suggest that.
    i have yet to find a incorrectly wired rear led adapter but you could have that too. The issue you have only happens when the wires are not connected in the right pin for instance if you connected the reverse wire from the car to the fog bulb in the housing.

As I make my own looms on these installs I can avoid this from happening.

do this, check that the inners and outers are on their correct sides, then check the lights and see what side the issue is on. If both sides are playing up then you have a total wiring disaster which can be rectified but will need those adapters to be repinned. If its just one side then it's one of the adapters on that side that isn't correctly wired up.

Once you can narrow it down take the tape off the adapter and let me know what pins join up. ie. female connector pin 3 to male pin 1 and I can double check that for you
    Thanks for that will have a look, the biggest head mash is it's only the inner right the left works perfectly! if i take the lead from the car that goes to the right inner, and change it to the left inner then that light plays up the same.
    Then to top it off i tried the original inner light on the right side and it worked fine. It's almost as if it's the right side inner car loom at fault, as i said but i havent touched that obviously. Will check it later and be in touch, may need some further help or a new loom!